PDA

View Full Version : Delay in posting

starry
01-Feb-08, 23:35
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 56 seconds.

Can anyone tell me why there is a delay in posting ?

It is the first time I have seen it used on forums.

catnip
01-Feb-08, 23:36
It happened to me tonight as well, no idea what is going on ??

Thumper
01-Feb-08, 23:39
theres always a delay,you have to wait 120secs between posts, I think its to stop people using multiple posts to get their point across .........I have to wait 26secs before posting this :roll: x

starry
01-Feb-08, 23:39
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 65 seconds.

It happens to me everytime I post, half the time I just give up because the thread will have moved on.

starry
01-Feb-08, 23:41
I do find it a real pain.

Please try again in 84 seconds.

Please try again in 56 seconds.

Please try again in 36 seconds

Please try again in 11 seconds.

Thumper
01-Feb-08, 23:43
sorry starry I would have replied sooner but there seems to be a delay ;) xx

starry
01-Feb-08, 23:45
Very smart thumper ;)

webmannie
01-Feb-08, 23:47
It`s to stop people using the forum like a chat facility

Bobinovich
02-Feb-08, 00:17
Maybe that's why FlashChat has been busy in the evenings lately :D

Riffman
02-Feb-08, 00:43
Its to stop people flooding the board with replies.

But I find it very frustrating!

I usually browse by opening multiple tabs then looking through them and replying. But half the time I give up as I cant be bothered waiting 2 minutes!!!!![disgust]

TBH
02-Feb-08, 00:52
It`s to stop people using the forum like a chat facilityAnd the problem with that is?
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds
lol.

Metalattakk
02-Feb-08, 01:03
And the problem with that is?

It's a messageboard, not a chatroom. Responses are supposed to be measured, reasoned and with some degree of cogitation involved.

When writing a response, you should be re-reading, re-assessing and contemplating how your response will look to others.

In that respect, I would suggest the time limit be raised to 240 seconds, just for your benefit, TBH.

If you want quick-fire chat with your bestest buddies, use the chat facility. It's what it's for.

golach
02-Feb-08, 01:26
It's a messageboard, not a chatroom. Responses are supposed to be measured, reasoned and with some degree of cogitation involved.

When writing a response, you should be re-reading, re-assessing and contemplating how your response will look to others.

In that respect, I would suggest the time limit be raised to 240 seconds, just for your benefit, TBH.

If you want quick-fire chat with your bestest buddies, use the chat facility. It's what it's for.
Not often we agree Metalattak, but on this issue, I am with you 100%

Thumper
02-Feb-08, 10:08
Sometimes even a 5 minute wait between posts wouldnt stop people from posting what they think is right,reading,re-reading and thinking about what your post looks like to others only helps if the poster doesnt believe that their opinion is the one that matters most...............x

Riffman
02-Feb-08, 13:09
Aye, but the thing that annoys me is that I often read 10 different threads, then go to reply to them and I have to wait 2 minutes... hence why this forum is rubbish and why I have over 10,000+ posts on certain other forums where this waiting rubbish is not needed.

badger
02-Feb-08, 13:15
Aye, but the thing that annoys me is that I often read 10 different threads, then go to reply to them and I have to wait 2 minutes... hence why this forum is rubbish and why I have over 10,000+ posts on certain other forums where this waiting rubbish is not needed.

If you're reading and replying to 10 different threads in 2 minutes, or even if you are able to keep 10 different subjects in your head so are only replying, I suggest you are not giving them as much thought as you might (see Metal's comment).

This forum is absolutely not rubbish and if you don't like it you don't have to be here.