View Full Version : Feedback wanted

roblovesplastic
01-Feb-08, 19:34
any feedback pos and neg would be ace

these are all 100% non edited photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roblovesplastic/

Riffman
01-Feb-08, 19:45
I have to say you have a mighty strange camera if there are non edited?

Not my cup of tea, only a couple of them looked anything like they were not just random mistakes....taken by a 1 year old.

You did ask for feedback [lol]

danc1ngwitch
01-Feb-08, 19:52
glad to see something different. I like it.
But question if i may? Why does the dollys have no clothes on [lol]

Rheghead
01-Feb-08, 20:33
I enjoyed going through them in a surreal sort of way.

A bit like David Bailey goes out on the Blair Witch Project.

psyberyeti
01-Feb-08, 20:56
Hmmm, sorry roblovesplastic, but they don't make me want to go and find what else you've done. Surely by setting the camera controls in that way you have 'edited' them - they are not a realistic photo of the objects. If they are going to be 'experimental' then the photos have to look 'different'.

Just because I don't like them does not mean they are not 'good' to someone else. Just experiment and try a few styles.

I would like to see more people ask for photo reviews (critiques) on this site as it's the best way to improve, and it's a 'Photography' section after all. I am always pleased about any feedback that I get because I can then change either what I do or what I've done. It also makes people sit back and think about how to present better photographs themselves, so everyone improves and come up with new ideas. There seems to be a lot of budding talent in Sutherland, oh, and Caithness as well:lol:.

Goodluck out there.:cool:

Boozeburglar
01-Feb-08, 23:14
Great stuff, really enjoyed the dolls and the macros of the wee animals.

Some of the New York style mags feature shots like these, nice to see and uncliched approach

Raven
02-Feb-08, 09:17
It wouldnt be my cuppa, but if thats what you like, go on with it and perfect it :-))

Lolabelle
02-Feb-08, 09:23
I think they are definately different. :eek:
.... um and interesting.

I guess I am quite conventional and wouldn't think to do what you have, but it is an unusual style you have there. :Razz

Deemac
02-Feb-08, 12:16
Definately well off my own taste spectrum in the photographic arena, but it takes all sorts, and variety is most welcome (cute pets & out of focus babies are also included in this section for me!!).

I did think your first shot with the toy zebra had promise if some other elements could be added (it had a surreal/disturbing quality somehow). The "art" portraits remind me of my college, dark room days!!

Keep it up Rob:Razz

justine
02-Feb-08, 15:19
Got lost with some of them but the babies in the trolley was great.It reminds me of taking my wee ones shopping in tesco.:eek: I have just been informed that it is a radiator and not a trolley. Need to get my eyes tested

Dog-eared
02-Feb-08, 18:57
Like the Zebra.
Don't forget to take your medication every day like the Doc said ! ;)

Julia
04-Feb-08, 11:57
I liked the zebra picture too and the yellow cat, without the inset would have been better IMHO.

It's good to see enthusiasm!

roblovesplastic
04-Feb-08, 22:22
thank you all for you kind kind words, um maybe ill stick some actual photos, aye I am a Richard.

seriously it gives me a base to move from, thankyou to all feedback agents online and in PM you know who you are you lil rascals x

still funny tho[lol]