PDA

View Full Version : biker clubs

alcyjohn
01-Feb-08, 16:36
how you all doing the new riding season is on its way and i was just wondering what biker clubs there are around caithness thats looking for new members and im still looking for people that might be interested in taking on a project bike and share the interest of restoring an old bike or maybe creating a streetfighter or something along those lines cheers for looking hope to hear from anyone with info

cheers again alcyjohn

Rie
01-Feb-08, 20:50
:D hope the weather improves this year as last year i didnt get much riding done.
sorry dont know of any bike clubs except the motor cross club but would be interested if you find any.
i am busy planning my round the country bike trip for this summer.down the east coast and back up the west coast.
cant wait for the weather to improve so i can blow the cobwebs away!
happy biking.

emszxr
01-Feb-08, 21:06
im at brora, have a zxr400 . saddly dont get out as much as would like. there is a caithness bike group called TEAM. think they have a site somewhere.

Solus
01-Feb-08, 21:45
Same here, would not mind meeting up with a few folk over spring / summer, I also am currently looking to tour this May but am torn between two routes :confused

Rie
01-Feb-08, 22:28
what routes you thinking of??

DeHaviLand
01-Feb-08, 22:31
how you all doing the new riding season is on its way and i was just wondering what biker clubs there are around caithness thats looking for new members and im still looking for people that might be interested in taking on a project bike and share the interest of restoring an old bike or maybe creating a streetfighter or something along those lines cheers for looking hope to hear from anyone with info

cheers again alcyjohn

Have a word with Paul at AMS Motorcycles, Coach Road Wick

Boboowest
01-Feb-08, 22:35
There are a few of us go to Skye the weekend nearest 9th June every year (now at the 12th year). Great time always had and many riders from all over seem to go there the same weekend. Always a great buzz in Portree, try it! The sun is always out that weekend

quiteone
01-Feb-08, 23:34
cant wait til thunder in the glen this year its well worth the trip down for the wkend!! its in aviemore and its the harley davidson rally. its amazing some of the bikes there r out of this world. bike down, set up a tent and dram in the sun all wkend!!! i go every year plus other rallies scattered about over the summer.

Rie
02-Feb-08, 00:11
i am soo out of touch with the biking world up here, some one help please,
no idea when or where rallies are

quiteone
02-Feb-08, 02:08
theres usually 1 a month from april til october. orkney, cromarty, dunbeath, john o groats, dornoch which is usually good its in may. and theres others. brilliant crack!!! cant wait til the weather gets better and i can make himsel drag the bike out :lol:

Solus
02-Feb-08, 11:39
what routes you thinking of??

I am split between heading for Morocco or round Europe. Morocco would be fantastic but the costs mount up a fair bit, Europe would be starting in Holland and do a nice big loop taking in as many countries as possible.

Boozeburglar
02-Feb-08, 12:14
Morocco is much cheaper once you get there dude.

Go for it!

Solus
02-Feb-08, 12:26
Yup, need to get my thinking cap on and get it sorted, May is not far away !