PDA

View Full Version : Epsom printer

Fran
01-Feb-08, 15:17
I have an epsom stylus c46 printer but dont understand how to replace the inkjet cartridges. i have the instructions but cannot understand as i cannot see any existing cartridges in there to remove. i never had to do this job before and I am not very technical. Help please?

Bobinovich
01-Feb-08, 17:20
1. Ensure that the printer is on but that the power light is not flashing

2. Open printer cover

3. Press the ink/maintenance button (looks like a droplet of liquid and a page of paper)

The print head moves to the black or color ink cartridge replacement position, the power light begins to flash, and the error light begins to flash or remains on. When both cartridges are out of ink, the print head moves to the black ink cartridge replacement position first. After replacing the black cartridge, press the ink/maintenance button again to switch to the color cartridge replacement position.

4. Lift up the ink cartridge clamp as far as it will go. The cartridge rises partly out of the cartridge holder. Lift the cartridge out of the printer

5. Remove the new ink cartridge from its protective bag and remove the yellow tape seal from the cartridge. Do not touch the green IC chip on the side of the cartridge

6. Place the ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder, and then close the ink cartridge clamps

7. Close the printer cover

8. Press the ink/maintenance button. The printer moves the print head and begins charging the ink delivery system. This process takes about thirty seconds to complete. When the ink charging process is finished, the printer returns the print head to its home position, the power light stops flashing and remains on, and the error light goes out.

You should now be able to print once again.

Fran
03-Feb-08, 17:58
thanks for that Bobinovich, tried it but the thing wont keep still for me to lift the lid. If i lift the lid it will break as the thing moves back to the right again and i cant get it. Tried it several times and my paper kept coming out but the thing wouldnt keep still long enough for me to open the ink container thing. i am not very technical. im wondering if something is wrong with it. himself always used to change the ink so i have never done it before. i wish i had watched the last time he did it so that i would know what to do.

Sapphire2803
04-Feb-08, 14:01
Try this one...
Same instructions, but with pictures. Might make it easier.

http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/sc46/index.htm