PDA

View Full Version : Bank charges @ Liquid

mccaugm
01-Feb-08, 15:00
As most folk know, I am at college. On occasions I need to get access to money. This means a long walk to town and back or a trip to Liquid to the teller machine there.

The machine charges £1.50 for every transaction. I think this is horrendous.[evil]

Do any other "Orgers" incur these charges anywhere else in Caithness?

Fran
01-Feb-08, 15:13
I know the one at wetherspoos also the one at inverness station charge this but I dont know of any others. You have to check before you use them. You would think they would have one in the college.

NickInTheNorth
01-Feb-08, 15:16
As most folk know, I am at college. On occasions I need to get access to money. This means a long walk to town and back or a trip to Liquid to the teller machine there.

The machine charges £1.50 for every transaction. I think this is horrendous.[evil]

Aye the machine outside McColls which was free was changed to one that charges £1.50 in December. I'm told it is not nearly as busy as it was.

You can get cash back in the shop, might be better for you to do that?

j4bberw0ck
01-Feb-08, 15:24
They're privately owned ATMs, and AFAIK the shopkeeper / siteowner pays the owner to have the machine in his shop then takes a commission.

The best argument for them is that at least locations which wouldn't otherwise get access to a cash machine can get one.

The worst argument is of course the charge.

Nick's right about cashback, but most places want you to spend £5 or £10 on goods before they'll do it.

scotsboy
01-Feb-08, 17:38
And none of them give you the option to carry out your transaction in the Gaelic!

Riffman
01-Feb-08, 19:41
Well, there is nothing forcing you to use their machine. It is plainly marked that it will cost you to get cash there.

Get a decent amount at the start of the week and use it wisely....:eek:

gemma89
01-Feb-08, 19:44
Its cheaper than gettin a taxi dwn the street! :D

scotsboy
01-Feb-08, 19:50
Has everyone gone soft? A long walk into town! Cheaper than getting a taxi! Its only the Tech college you are at - deary me, the exercise will do you good!

young_fishin_neep
01-Feb-08, 21:11

i know what you mean, the machine up at the spar is free i think. i cant remeber as i usualy get my money on way to college now

kaz xxxx

mccaugm
01-Feb-08, 21:19
Has everyone gone soft? A long walk into town! Cheaper than getting a taxi! Its only the Tech college you are at - deary me, the exercise will do you good!

Not if you only get barely 45 minutes to get there and back and have lunch its not. [evil]

young_fishin_neep
01-Feb-08, 21:44
i have to agree i dont like the fact we only get 45 mins for lunch, college is so expensive i prefer to go down the street and get something good for my money

kaz xxxx