PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Tiler

angela5
01-Feb-08, 11:46
Can anyone recommened an experienced tiler please.

flip
01-Feb-08, 18:51
Yes D I Y Doc Does Tiling
Done My Floor Tiles Tidy Job

whizzy69
03-Feb-08, 19:53
iv heard he is not qualified at any off the jobs he advertises ,and spoken to a few ppl who have had work done and ended up gettin a poor result. Recommendations .....DON'T TAKE COWBOYS!

unicorn
03-Feb-08, 19:56
so can you recommend someone else then who is good?

Bobinovich
04-Feb-08, 10:23
iv heard he is not qualified at any off the jobs he advertises ,and spoken to a few ppl who have had work done and ended up gettin a poor result. Recommendations .....DON'T TAKE COWBOYS!

Personally I've never used DIY Doc but IMHO the people who are 'qualified' for a job are not necessarily the best people at the job. Not forgetting that Angela5 asked for an experienced tiler, not a qualified one.

I've seen botched jobs from so called qualified people, and also good quality jobs from people who don't have a piece of paper to say they're good at it!

Many people who are make their name at specific tasks have acquired the skills to do so over time, honed them, and are now sufficiently competent at it to produce the desired results.

angela5
04-Feb-08, 11:48
Thanks for the replies. I really want someone to do a neat and tidy job, tiles are not cheap and don't want half of them 'waste'.
Anyone who has had tiling done and is happy with the work can pass me on a contact number.
Thanks.

flip
04-Feb-08, 13:47

WELL I LOOKED INTO THAT AND HE WAS A PAINTER WHO WORKED FOR TWO LOCAL COMPANIES AND ONE DOWN SOUTH FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS .
AFTER THE FIRST ROOM HE DONE FOR ME I WAS DELIGHTED .DIDNT CHARGE THE EARTH AND HAVE HAD HIM IN NOW ON A NUMBER OF TIMES.AND WOULD AGAIN

angela5
05-Feb-08, 11:19
I've used the DIY Doctor for painting jobs, i'm not sure about his experience in tiling. I'd have to see a tiling job he's done before i'd get him to do mine.

Bradcon
05-Feb-08, 16:18
Have p.m'd you.

mrsmo
08-Feb-08, 15:12
can someone pm me with a contact number for the DIY doctor, once again a painter and decorator has let me down and I am needing my hall papered since xmas, if tradesmen dont want the damn job why dont they just say so instead of promising next week etc.
I am totally peed of with it.

flip
08-Feb-08, 21:43

beelag2000
09-Feb-08, 23:08
Try John Budge Staxigoe or Joe Munro Stirkoke