PDA

View Full Version : bi-aura therapy

katarina
01-Feb-08, 11:32
I see there is going to be a four day clinic for bi-aura therapy in Wick. Has anyone tried this? Can they recommend it or not?

Metalattakk
01-Feb-08, 13:46
For the uninitiated:

What is Bi-Aura Therapy?

Bi-Aura is an advanced system of bio-energy healing which works through balancing the human bio-field. If the bio-field which surrounds the body becomes overly stressed then this can lead to a reduction in the energy flowing into the organs, which over time may cause illness.

Bi-Aura therapists are trained to tune into blockages in the bio-field and to remove these blockages through a selection of mostly non-touch Bi-Aura techniques. Once the energy blockages are removed from the body it is normally only a matter of days or weeks before full health is restored.

I've never tried it, so I can't help with your question.

But Jebus H. Corbett, some hippy wifie waving her hands slowly around me chanting incantations isn't going to cure me of anything other than having an over-heavy wallet. Which thankfully(?) I don't suffer from often.

Bio-fields? Metabolics more like. Emphasis on third and fourth syllables.

In my opinion.

scorrie
01-Feb-08, 16:42
In the mid 1980's I used to undergo regular sessions of Kia-Ora therapy. This consisted of 1 part Vodka, 1 part Kia-Ora and two parts water. This was repeated approximately 12 times over a 4 hour period. I found that stress levels were greatly reduced and organ flow (of all kinds) was certainly increased. ;)

DRM
01-Feb-08, 17:56
YES I am having it for my bad back and it seems to work I can even tell the person what they are doing without even seeing them and they wont even be touching me so go for it but you must have an open mind about it as its no use to go in and just say "naa it disnae wurk, ids chust heebie jeebie stuff"
What I feel is a warming sensation passing through me and it goes to the affected part and after years of constant pain my back is now the best its been for years and i have stopped taking pain killers every night like I have been for the past 3 years

Go for it you havent anything to lose

scorrie
01-Feb-08, 18:48
Go for it you havent anything to lose

If it is the same one I was looking at, the charge is £35 per session. It is well noted that the Placebo is effective in making people feel better.

Torvaig
01-Feb-08, 18:50
Katerina, I have pm'd you....

Metalattakk
01-Feb-08, 23:34
If it is the same one I was looking at, the charge is £35 per session. It is well noted that the Placebo is effective in making people feel better.

£35??? Jebus, they must be psychic.

Well, they obviously saw her coming.

Boozeburglar
01-Feb-08, 23:49
I thought a Psychic cost £25. Suppose you get what you pay for.

Which reminds me of a story from my days as a Psychic; I gave it up as life was getting very predictable.

I was on holiday in January in Prague during the European Psychics' Convention, which my other half had suggested might be fun after reading about it a couple of months earlier in 'Psychic Review of Next Year'.

My lady and I were finishing a cafe breakfast as we noticed a couple of gents in dark suits walking past, at which point we left in the same direction. As we progressed through the streets to our various sight seeing destinations that day we frequently noticed these two gents, always just a few yards ahead of us.

By late afternoon I had had enough of this intrusion, so I ran and caught up to them.

I challenged them, "Are you following us?"

To which one of the gents replied, "Yes, we speak perfect English."

katarina
02-Feb-08, 19:12

Which reminds me of a story from my days as a Psychic; I gave it up as life was getting very predictable.

I was on holiday in January in Prague during the European Psychics' Convention, which my other half had suggested might be fun after reading about it a couple of months earlier in 'Psychic Review of Next Year'.

My lady and I were finishing a cafe breakfast as we noticed a couple of gents in dark suits walking past, at which point we left in the same direction. As we progressed through the streets to our various sight seeing destinations that day we frequently noticed these two gents, always just a few yards ahead of us.

By late afternoon I had had enough of this intrusion, so I ran and caught up to them.

ehhh? explain to the thick please.

scorrie
02-Feb-08, 23:14

My "two second" trawl on Google produced this:-

http://www.lochnessbi-aura.co.uk/contact.htm

They say there is a 4 day clinic in Wick so I assume that this IS the "healer" involved. The costs are listed on the site.

ett23
02-Feb-08, 23:18
£35??? Jebus, they must be psychic.

Well, they obviously saw her coming.

That's fighting talk there - I like it!!!!! [lol]

Nothing to lose, eh? How bout £35?!!! ;) .....And an hour of your time!!!!!

Metalattakk
02-Feb-08, 23:36
My "two second" trawl on Google produced this:-

http://www.lochnessbi-aura.co.uk/contact.htm

They say there is a 4 day clinic in Wick so I assume that this IS the "healer" involved. The costs are listed on the site.

From that very page:

Reduction for AOP’s, children, DSS and for animals.

No stone unturned in the quest to lighten your wallets. :roll:

j4bberw0ck
02-Feb-08, 23:50

Beggar the animals; anyone on DSS bennies who has enough money to go have their bi-aura realigned (adjusted, stroked, whatever.....) has waaaaay too much taxpayers' money in their pockets, thank you very much.

A swift reassessment of their benefits needs is indicated. Like, er, now.

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 00:15
sorry I dont agree.IF it helps in anyway at all it has to be good!Hocus pocus,placebo,faith,who cares if it gives some relief?And as for people on benefits WHY do they have to suffer anymore than those who are lucky enough to have employment?x

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 00:16
Beggar the animals; anyone on DSS bennies who has enough money to go have their bi-aura realigned (adjusted, stroked, whatever.....) has waaaaay too much taxpayers' money in their pockets, thank you very much.

I don't think actual physical contact is involved. It's all done by wavy hand movements.

I'm waving my hands about right now, using a well-known hand gesture. Does anyone feel any better?

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 00:22
sorry I dont agree.IF it helps in anyway at all it has to be good!Hocus pocus,placebo,faith,who cares if it gives some relief?And as for people on benefits WHY do they have to suffer anymore than those who are lucky enough to have employment?x

You're on the wind-up, right? ;)

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 00:25
nope sorry hun but I actually think that not ALL people on benefits are there because they want to be ...life sometimes throws us ballcurves :( x

Torvaig
03-Feb-08, 00:35
Yes, yes; we all know everyone on benefits are cheats; are not really incapacitated and of course they would waste the oodles of the lolly they get from the government on some mad cap therapy to try and cure something they haven't got!

Honestly, some people have strange phobias....:confused I fear for their sanity....:~(

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 00:36
nope sorry hun but I actually think that not ALL people on benefits are there because they want to be ...life sometimes throws us ballcurves :( x

But you'd happily advocate the use of bi-aural therapy (at £35 a pop) to those who are struggling to make ends meet?

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 00:40
I didnt say that BUT I have been on benefits and I would starve happily if I thought that anything would help me or my family get better no matter how much myself (or others) thought it was wrong x

j4bberw0ck
03-Feb-08, 00:42
Thumper, what you're describing is benefits dependency. Benefits are about providing a subsistence level until something better is found. People get trapped on bennies when their income goes down if they work; having the money for complementary therapies means too much in the way of bennies.

There is no evidence that complemetary therapies have any beneficial effect. Fewer and fewer NHS Trusts offer homoeopathic remedies because despite spending money in them, there is no evidence at all that they work, and plenty of evidence that they don't work.

There's time enough for complementary therapies when people are earning their own money, have paid the rent / mortgage / taxes / food / clothing / travel etc and have some left over so that they can choose how it's spent.

Torvaig
03-Feb-08, 00:43
Re benefits; my father, after working long hard hours as a builder for many years after he left the RAF found himself out of a job due to lack of work and great reluctance by his employer to keep him on until things picked up.

He applied to work at Dounreay, had to draw the "dole" to keep him, mother and four children until his acceptance came through. It is unbelievable what that did to the man for those few months, such was his pride in being a worker not a "shirker".

I know there are people who fiddle the system just as there are well off people who fiddle their tax and people who fiddle their expenses (but that is allowed because "everyone" does it) but why is it that people on benefits get the flack all the time? It just destroys the genuine ones that little bit more knowing what the "general" - sorry, not general, some ignorant members of the public think of them......

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 00:48
sorry JW but I do disagree here, I spent a lot of time on benefits,not by my own choice as i was a very high earner but when circumstances changed, without much choice i found myself on benefits and struggling! I have and still do use complimentary therapies and have and still do go "without" to pay for them,its my choice though and i respect yours and other choices but until you have been desperate enough to try anything I feel that nobody has the right to knock it....... but thats just my opinion x

j4bberw0ck
03-Feb-08, 00:48
I know there are people who fiddle the system just as there are well off people who fiddle their tax but why is it that people on benefits get the flack all the time? It just destroys the genuine ones that little bit more knowing what the "general" public think of them......

I'm not handing out flak.

I'm making the point that benefits are intended to provide a basic level of income at a time when the alternative would be nothing.

Complementary therapies (the fees for which have been described - though not by me - as a "tax on stupidity") are not basic life necessities.

Ergo, they're not the sort of expenditure that should be funded by the taxpayer. It's not disrespect. It's not putting people down.

j4bberw0ck
03-Feb-08, 00:55
I have and still do use complimentary therapies and have and still do go "without" to pay for them

Thumper, I'm always happy to agree to disagree, and let it pass. Sometimes it's the civilised way. :lol:

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 00:57
Thumper, I'm always happy to agree to disagree, and let it pass. Sometimes it's the civilised way. :lol:

Thank you Hun...its most appreciated ;)x

Torvaig
03-Feb-08, 01:10
As Thumper has said, until you have experienced the sheer despair of a disability that conventional medicine cannot help, you will never understand the need to try anything that comes highly recommended to be able to live anything close to normal.

I have made my point and anyone who wishes to ignore the experience and intelligence behind my remarks is free to do so; ignorance I cannot fight neither have I the energy to do so.

P.S. Re benefits....some folks have friends, savings etc., to help with such desparate measures and good luck to them. It's good to have friends....:)

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 01:13
As Thumper has said, until you have experienced the sheer despair of a disability that conventional medicine cannot help, you will never understand the need to try anything that comes highly recommended to be able to live anything close to normal.

I have made my point and anyone who wishes to ignore the experience and intelligence behind my remarks is free to do so; ignorance I cannot fight neither have I the energy to do so.

P.S. Re benefits....some folks have friends, savings etc., to help with such desparate measures and good luck to them. It's good to have friends....:)

well said Torvaig!!!! xxx

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 01:32

Show me any evidence that bi-aural therapy has come 'highly recommended' by any relevant authority.

It is nothing more than mystical wind and single fish, peddled by the type of people who happily charge sizeable sums of money for their less-than-exact 'scientific' endeavours.

I'd hazard a guess that anyone who is hoodwinked by these charlatans is in dire need of far more than their chakras realigned. Maybe they need their bumps felt.

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 01:36
metalattack, have you ever tried it? do you know that in this world ther are many things we cannot explain but it doesnt mean they don't work x

Torvaig
03-Feb-08, 01:36
Show me any evidence that bi-aural therapy has come 'highly recommended' by any relevant authority.

It is nothing more than mystical wind and single fish, peddled by the type of people who happily charge sizeable sums of money for their less-than-exact 'scientific' endeavours.

I'd hazard a guess that anyone who is hoodwinked by these charlatans is in dire need of far more than their chakras realigned. Maybe they need their bumps felt.

"I have made my point and anyone who wishes to ignore the experience and intelligence behind my remarks is free to do so; ignorance I cannot fight neither have I the energy to do so." :)

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 01:50
metalattack, have you ever tried it? do you know that in this world ther are many things we cannot explain but it doesnt mean they don't work x

There are many things that can be explained quite simply, although some people will continue to seek a different explanation through a desire for something that simply isn't there.

"I have made my point and anyone who wishes to ignore the experience and intelligence behind my remarks is free to do so; ignorance I cannot fight neither have I the energy to do so." :)

I can't begin to understand your experience or the 'intelligence' behind your remarks.

My wife suffers from multiple sclerosis, and I'd never encourage her to pay money to visit people like this. She is the exact type of person they prey on, and profit from. Thankfully, she is of the same sensible, reasoned and clear-thinking opinion as myself.

Ignorance, you may call it. I call it reality.

carasmam
03-Feb-08, 01:54
Just my tuppence worth - but dont knock something til you've tried it :Razz

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 01:58

If your tuppence was worth £35 per session, I'd be more inclined to agree. ;)

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 02:01
There are many things that can be explained quite simply, although some people will continue to seek a different explanation through a desire for something that simply isn't there.

I can't begin to understand your experience or the 'intelligence' behind your remarks.

My wife suffers from multiple sclerosis, and I'd never encourage her to pay money to visit people like this. She is the exact type of person they prey on, and profit from. Thankfully, she is of the same sensible, reasoned and clear-thinking opinion as myself.

Ignorance, you may call it. I call it reality.

well I feel sorry for you then.I have worked in the "caring profession" for over 26 years and i have worked with a lot of MS sufferers, I have also been treated by "consultants" and "witchdoctors" for want of a better word :roll: IMO if it works for you it doesnt matter whether they have a stethoscope or a pigbone through their nose....who cares?the person that benefits certainly wont x

carasmam
03-Feb-08, 02:02
I'm worth more than that [lol]

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 02:13
IMO if it works for you it doesnt matter whether they have a stethoscope or a pigbone through their nose....who cares?the person that benefits certainly wont x

And what if it doesn't work? Who benefits then? Ah right, the charlatan bi-auralists. :(

Torvaig
03-Feb-08, 02:14
Metalattakk; sigh; for one thing, I never claimed that bi-aural therapy had come highly recommended by any relevant authority but I do know of and have experience of another therapy that came highly recommended by someone whom I trusted when they said that it worked for them. I was very fortunate in that it worked for me as well and I am so glad to have a life again because I can assure you, I didn't for many a year. Any defects I have now, I put down to getting on in years!

What more can I say? You either believe me or you don't and I'm sure that you must accept that not everything that "works" can be explained by scientific or any other means. There are many conventional meds that have proved to be totally unsuitable and yes, placebos have their place (did your mother never kiss your scraped knees better when you were a child?) but some therapies are not placebos; they are a different way of looking at what has gone wrong with the body because, as we know, nature isn't perfect.

The therapy I experienced was nothing to do with waving hands about or touching; it was more a new way of understanding what can go wrong with the body without there being a physical reason (although the problems were physical) and then finding ways to let the body and mind to do the healing.

I don't mean to intrude but I shall pm you with more details as my brain is cotton wool at this time of night (and day sometimes:)) and if I give you a link to the therapy I am talking about I would like you to look seriously at it and see if you can understand more what I mean.

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 02:27
And what if it doesn't work? Who benefits then? Ah right, the charlatan bi-auralists. :(

I am not disagreeing that there are people out there that can and will take money for nothing!What I am saying is there are people that can help if you want that help,yes a lot of it is whether or not you can be open minded enough to accept that help, and believe me i WAS one of the "bah humbug" brigade.....but I did find help that I was very grateful for.I am not saying that it can or would help you or your wife Hun I am just saying it did help me x

Boozeburglar
03-Feb-08, 02:57

I have been advised that serial killing is beneficial. Until now I had not considered heeding that advice. Thanks.

Next week I may try being a gay man on the run.

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 14:22
well I feel sorry for you then.I have worked in the "caring profession" for over 26 years and i have worked with a lot of MS sufferers, I have also been treated by "consultants" and "witchdoctors" for want of a better word :roll: IMO if it works for you it doesnt matter whether they have a stethoscope or a pigbone through their nose....who cares?the person that benefits certainly wont x

Oops my maths really let me down last night......I havent worked 26yrs in the "caring profession" it is 16 yrs must have been feeling old last night :eek:x

scorrie
03-Feb-08, 17:09
I don't think actual physical contact is involved. It's all done by wavy hand movements.

I'm waving my hands about right now, using a well-known hand gesture. Does anyone feel any better?

Part one:- There is no physical contact involved. I saw a program about the method, where they filmed a private practitioner (In Harley Street no less!!) in session with one of his patients. How the guy could "see" all the tangled up energy was a mystery to me, perhaps he had bionic eyes? However it was all a bit "Magnus Pyke" in the way he made waving movements close to the patient, detangling the energy. I suspect that he charged more than £35 a session to justify Harley Street residence. Of course, the patient reported feeling the benefit of the treatment and eagerly booked another session. It was her choice to spend whatever the cost involved was but it is not something I would give thought to beyond the placebo effect. I recall a medical trial some time back where half patients were given an operation to assist chronic joint pain, while the other half simply had a general anaesthetic and no surgery. Just as many of those who had NO surgery, reported feeling the benefit of the procedure. Obviously, they were expecting to feel better and this was enough for them to do so.

Part two:-

I strongly suspect that YOU are the only person feeling the benefit of your wavy gesture. That proves that it DOES work though!! ;)

Metalattakk
03-Feb-08, 18:28
Nah, no benefit to me, my wrist got a bit sore after a wee while. You know how it is, eh? ;)

Maybe I should demand a refund.

scorrie
03-Feb-08, 22:27
Nah, no benefit to me, my wrist got a bit sore after a wee while. You know how it is, eh? ;)

Careful now!! The more waggish orgers might suggest that a man of your standing should have a very strong wrist!! Keep your defence tighter.

katarina
04-Feb-08, 18:27

What WERE you doing? And no, I DON'T know how it is!

Metalattakk
04-Feb-08, 18:47
Indulging in some bi-aura therapy of course. Why? What did you think I meant? :roll:

Sapphire2803
04-Feb-08, 18:51
From that very page:
From that very page:

Quote:
No stone unturned in the quest to lighten your wallets. :roll:

What is an AOP? Heheh

My cousin in Dublin does this bi-aura thingummy, whenever anyone in the family had anything wrong with them we used to tell them go see Stella and get their wheels balanced. It never worked for me, but then I was always giggling too much. You see it was more than we could take in at the time. Another cousin had just recently decided he was a faith healer followed two months later by announcing that he was the son of God. :eek: In a family like ours, poor Stella with her healing hands didn't stand a chance...

Metalattakk
04-Feb-08, 22:50
What is an AOP? Heheh

Right, I'll have to book an appointment at the opticians now. :( How could I have missed that one?

Meh. :o

Lolabelle
04-Feb-08, 23:50

Hee, heee, heeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 LOL, very funny[lol][lol]