PDA

View Full Version : Meeting people.

Rie
31-Jan-08, 22:11
Does any one know of a good way of getting out and meeting people in thurso?
I have very recently moved to thurso after my marriage of 10 years fell apart, and dont know any body, i m not the most confident person but would like to meet people/ make friends.
I am 31, two chilren boy of 9 nd girl of 7.
Any ideas??:D

Bobinovich
31-Jan-08, 22:19
Hi Rie & welcome!

You've made a good start by coming here - the next step is to head over to the chatroom (click FlashChat to the upper right of your screen) and go and have an online chat.

There you will probably meet a few other newcomers to the area (as well as the other regulars!) and I have no doubt that, after chatting for them for a while, you'll be ready for a face-to-face meeting, maybe over a coffee.

The rest, as they say, will be history...

Cheers

Bob

Jill
31-Jan-08, 22:38
Rie, I have sent you a PM :-)

miranda
31-Jan-08, 23:29
welcome rie have sent you a pm

bobsgirl
31-Jan-08, 23:47
Welcome Rie
Hope you find good friends up here, it is a great place to live...........well, when you get the odd bit of good weather!!

Fran
01-Feb-08, 03:04
Join evening/afternoon classes, become a volunteer in a charity shop or stroke club etc. or an organisation like thurso Town Improvements, and there is also a womans group running in thurso. Good luck.

connieb19
01-Feb-08, 09:35
Hi Rie & welcome!

You've made a good start by coming here - the next step is to head over to the chatroom (click FlashChat to the upper right of your screen) and go and have an online chat.

There you will probably meet a few other newcomers to the area (as well as the other regulars!) and I have no doubt that, after chatting for them for a while, you'll be ready for a face-to-face meeting, maybe over a coffee.

The rest, as they say, will be history...

Cheers

BobJeez, to end up talking to a load of old grandads. Teh lassie might as well join the WRI!:roll:

cuddlepop
01-Feb-08, 09:52
Its hard when your marriage breaks up and you find yourself the "responsible "parent.Go easy on yourself and take your time adjusting.

In a way the kids are still at primary schol so you'll get a chance to meet fellow parents through the school.
Get involved in the their activities and you'll find you'll make friends.:)

There's alwas someone on here and there a great bunch of people,just dont tell them I said so.;)

feefee
01-Feb-08, 09:58
welcome were r u living what side of county wick or thurso ? i have 4 kids husband is a fisherman so am on my own alot if you in thurso pm me and we could meet for coffee :)

Rie
01-Feb-08, 10:28
Thank you every one for your warm greetings and friendly advise,
i already feel like i have friends now,
what a great site the org is for friendly people.:D

badger
01-Feb-08, 11:53
Hello Rie. I'm much (much !) older than you and it took me a little while to make friends but not very long, in fact the first was through our beloved .org although not the Forum. That came later. You'll soon get to know other parents at school, if only through your children exchanging visits. A lot depends on your interests so have a good browse through the .org.

People are generally very friendly so give it a little time and I'm sure you'll soon feel at home.

sphinx
01-Feb-08, 15:07
hi and welcome rie to th org:lol:

Moby
01-Feb-08, 15:15
Your kids will be the key to meeting lots of friends - get them involved in all the various clubs that are around and you'll soon find yourself involved and making new friends. The school gate is also a great way of getting chatting whilst you are all waiting for the kids coming out.

Valerie Campbell
01-Feb-08, 16:13
Hi. Just go out there. People in Caithness are the friendliest you'll ever come across and they'll make you most welcome.

bop
01-Feb-08, 16:27
just to say hi and welcome!!
happy posting!! :)

trix
01-Feb-08, 16:31
Hi. Just go out there. People in Caithness are the friendliest you'll ever come across and they'll make you most welcome.

il second 'at valerie....

welcome oer 'e ord rie, it wilna be long afore ye wondered what ye wis so worried aboot....gie me a PM anytime yer feelin doon ;)

an if yer ever in weik, ye'l always be welcome at mine, ma new cafetiere is always on 'e go x x

anneoctober
01-Feb-08, 21:35
Hi Rie and welcome to the land of Org!:lol: As everyone has already said, the bairns will be getting involved wi school activities etc. There's always someone on here to chat to. Feel free to pm me anytime, I'm a nice person - really I am.........[lol]

miranda
01-Feb-08, 21:52
[quote=trix;

welcome oer 'e ord rie, it wilna be long afore ye wondered what ye wis so worried aboot....gie me a PM anytime yer feelin doon ;)

ma new cafetiere is always on 'e go x x[/quote]
erm excuse me trix i hev heard all aboot this cafetiere but are ye trying to tell me somethig cos i hevnae hed an invite for a cuppa........huh :Razz

golach
01-Feb-08, 21:56
Welcome Rie, and nice meeting you in the chat room, they are a nice crowd in there

ciderally
01-Feb-08, 22:02
hi Rie, and welcome friendly folks in caithness, dont think you will have trouble finding friends..good luck relax and enjoy ..xx

young_fishin_neep
01-Feb-08, 22:15
Welcome Rie, and nice meeting you in the chat room, they are a nice crowd in there

arent you nice calling us a nice crowd.

you seem to have made a few friends with us lot in the the chatroom, youll have no problems making friends

kazzii xxxx

Boozeburglar
01-Feb-08, 23:22
Wait a minute! You are 31, a biker, have ponies and are single?

Let's skip the prelim and jump the broomstick! My ideal woman!

Oh hang on, I am married already. Doh!

Sounds like you have a lot going on, and you will soon have more friends than you probably need or want!

:)

trix
02-Feb-08, 14:03
erm excuse me trix i hev heard all aboot this cafetiere but are ye trying to tell me somethig cos i hevnae hed an invite for a cuppa........huh :Razz

yer welcome anytime miranda, ye ken 'at fine ;) x x

twiglet
02-Feb-08, 15:00
Welcome Rie, you'll settle in soon and welcome to the org!

mccaugm
02-Feb-08, 15:12
Hello Rie. I'm much (much !) older than you and it took me a little while to make friends but not very long, in fact the first was through our beloved .org although not the Forum. That came later. You'll soon get to know other parents at school, if only through your children exchanging visits. A lot depends on your interests so have a good browse through the .org.

People are generally very friendly so give it a little time and I'm sure you'll soon feel at home.

I agree, I moved here a couple of years ago. I went along to the local toddler group and found quite a few people in the same boat. We all still meet up on a Friday even though the majority of our children are either playschool or "big school". I also decided to go back to college which forces me to "get out of the house" and do something useful. Good luck!