PDA

View Full Version : Who says 'Community' is dead?

karia
31-Jan-08, 19:31
Hi Folks,

I Just read this story in my local paper (Falkirk Herald) and wanted to share it with you.

A 17 year old lad from Banknock ( a local village) persuaded a taxi driver to take him from a Newcastle railway station to Banknock on December 30th and then jumped out at his destination without paying the bill of £220 and leaving the taxi driver with a return trip of some 4 hours.:mad:

The residents of Banknock were horrified ,got together and raised the money which has now been sent to the 29 year old driver.

They hated having the reputation of their community tarnished!

Leaving aside the actions of the youth involved and what could be described as the amazing leap of faith/gullibility on the part of the driver....

.....doesn't this fair warm the old cockles?:D

cuddlepop
31-Jan-08, 19:43
Hi Folks,

I Just read this story in my local paper (Falkirk Herald) and wanted to share it with you.

A 17 year old lad from Banknock ( a local village) persuaded a taxi driver to take him from a Newcastle railway station to Banknock on December 30th and then jumped out at his destination without paying the bill of £220 and leaving the taxi driver with a return trip of some 4 hours.:mad:

The residents of Banknock were horrified ,got together and raised the money which has now been sent to the 29 year old driver.

They hated having the reputation of their community tarnished!

Leaving aside the actions of the youth involved and what could be described as the amazing leap of faith/gullibility on the part of the driver....

.....doesn't this fair warm the old cockles?:D

Yes community spirit is alive and kicking in Falkirk.
Round of applause to them all.

Ash
31-Jan-08, 19:44
i think its lovely that the community did this

NickInTheNorth
31-Jan-08, 19:49
Can't say I'm too surprised. Everyone I've met in Banknock has been really nice. I'm sure they've got their fair share of ne'er do wells, but I really like the place.

Nice to see a good heart warming story.

karia
31-Jan-08, 19:57
Can't say I'm too surprised. Everyone I've met in Banknock has been really nice. I'm sure they've got their fair share of ne'er do wells, but I really like the place.

Gawd!...Don't tell me you lived there as well!:eek:

NickInTheNorth
31-Jan-08, 20:01
No, but a very good friend of mine lives there. It's my home away from home when I need to visit the central belt :)

sphinx
01-Feb-08, 14:29
good that the people felt that way ehh:Razz