PDA

View Full Version : bakers

Ash
31-Jan-08, 13:25
anyone know anyone who makes themed birthday cakes, been in johnstons they dont either do reids really

bluelady
31-Jan-08, 13:30
Tesco's have a few on their shelves and if not you can take a picture or photo and they scan it and put it onto a square cake and add messages on as well. Its quite effective and the cakes are nice. You stand and watch them and they will "fiddle about" with previews before you decide the final design, then they make it in 10 mins or so. Price is about £9. I think it was.

Ash
31-Jan-08, 13:32
thanks bluelady will look :D

mama2
31-Jan-08, 14:13
MacDonald's bakery in Wick do fantastic birthday cakes a bit more expensive than Tescos but well worth it. They will deliver to Castletown shop as they sell their baking there, not sure if they supply any shops in Thurso though.
I've had the ones from Tesco where you get a picture put on the cake and they are very nice and good value for money.

pink
31-Jan-08, 16:00
Ash who served you in johnstons because they do do the cakes with your choice of photo on them and a bakers cake sure is better than tescos !!

Buttercup
31-Jan-08, 16:08
MacDonald's bakery in Wick do fantastic birthday cakes a bit more expensive than Tescos but well worth it. They will deliver to Castletown shop as they sell their baking there, not sure if they supply any shops in Thurso though.
I've had the ones from Tesco where you get a picture put on the cake and they are very nice and good value for money.

McColl's in Ormlie sell McDonald's bakery and will order cakes for you.

young
31-Jan-08, 17:39
McColl's in Ormlie sell McDonald's bakery and will order cakes for you.

For the last few years on my sons birthday and daughters i ordered cakes from mcColls in ormlie from macdonalds bakers and they are lovely and they will put any theme on the cake think they are around £13

poppett
31-Jan-08, 18:43
Frasers shop on Castlegreen Road in Thurso stock MacDonald bakery products and have ordered themed cakes for me in the past.

Ash
31-Jan-08, 18:44
hey everyone thanks for all the replies:D

*Martin*
31-Jan-08, 21:56
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/autoscorty/soph_cake.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/autoscorty/emi_cake.jpg

Both from Macdonalds in Wick! Soph's doesn't like jam so both cakes were choc with cream (bloody lovely)

engiebenjy
01-Feb-08, 00:31
Have to agree. I get both my girls cakes from MacDonalds (ordering at McColls in Ormlie). We get the round sponge with jam at £13 or so. they are brilliant. Neither of my kids are really cake eaters, but theres never any waste with these cakes!