PDA

View Full Version : Run your car on water

bekisman
31-Jan-08, 13:15
See that Shell has made massive profits (won't put a link as everyone who looks at the TV will know this). Just been on petrolprices.com to see cost around the UK and see they have a link 'run your car on water' - obviously not 100%, but does any of 'our' scientist/chemists have any thoughts on this:
http://easywatercar.com/2books.htm?hop=skycforme (http://easywatercar.com/2books.htm?hop=skycforme)

Dog-eared
31-Jan-08, 20:39
There are a few Vids on Youtube about this.
It's Hydrogen based I think but whether it works for real....
Some Youtube spoofers mix meths or alcohol with water to make it burn.

I'm open minded, as water is of course composed of hydrogen and oxygen,
and there must be some way of making this into fuel cheaply.

Do the oil companies buy out / suppress the technology to do this ?

Dog-eared
31-Jan-08, 20:43
Another interesting site related to "free" energy.

http://www.thejoecell.com/

j4bberw0ck
31-Jan-08, 23:55
Yeah. Let's have some of that cold fusion, too. Any fule kno the oil companies worked to suppress that, hired PR experts, assassins and corrupt scientists to disprove it. And the Saudis fund efforts to combat global warming "hypotheses". And the technology that was reverse engineered from the flying saucer crash at Roswell in 1947 - the US military has suppressed that for years! Limitless free energy, perpetual motion and anti-gravity, too. Oh and let's not forget Harry Potter. I'm sure he could provide our power needs.

And just to prove it's all true and all viable and could save the planet, we'll stick a video saying so on YouTube. :lol::lol:

It's always a surprise to me that it's oil companies working to suppress alternatives to petrol, when they make so little money (relatively) from it. It you agree following the money is a good idea to find the truth, why does no one conclude it's governments behind it? Look at the respective revenues of fuel vs. tax......

But oil companies are a fashionable target. Especially the double-nasty sort from A....... oh no, I can't say it.... the government have activated the electrode in my brainto stop me...... A....... Ammmmmm..... Ammmmerrr....... arrgghh..... Amerika! Yes, that's it! America!

See, you government stooges? You can't keep a good conspiracy theory down! Mwuahahahahahaha!!

TBH
01-Feb-08, 21:25
It's always a surprise to me that it's oil companies working to suppress alternatives to petrol, when they make so little money (relatively) from it.Relative to what? Exxon Mobil, has reported £20.4bn net profits during 2007, a record for a US company.

riggerboy
02-Feb-08, 00:27
Hydrogen fuel cell is at the moment being used on submarines, it already exist but the technology is not available , dont you remember in school taking a pencil (with a very sharp point) and a 9volt battery, you can get the bubbles of pure oxygen to cover the lead point, this is pure and very combustable, find a cheap way to trace the bubbles to the carb/injectors and you have the hydrogen engine ???

j4bberw0ck
02-Feb-08, 01:49
Relative to what? Exxon Mobil, has reported £20.4bn net profits during 2007, a record for a US company.

If you think it came from petrol, you should take the trouble to read the annual report and accounts.

Same with Shell, which just posted £13 billion. If you have a look at this (http://www.dbd-data.co.uk/bb2001/append8.htm), you'll find that the oil industry pays heavily for the right to explore, extract and provide fuel for your car. £95 billion pounds up to 2001, paid in taxes of various sorts. Then add to it the contribution made to shareholders (like the pension schemes of many people on here), and thank whatever deity you believe in that there's a company out there that there's a major source of tax revenues for our spendthrift government. Because if there wasn't, it'd be coming from your pocket and mine.

j4bberw0ck
02-Feb-08, 01:53
Hydrogen fuel cell is at the moment being used on submarines

Yep, in nuclear submarines which have almost limitless power and are surrounded by seawater, and don't have to store the hydrogen. It's storage and energy density that are the two problems with hydrogen as a fuel. There's a good chance a fuel cell might be powering your laptop computer within a few years - but AIUI it won't be a hydrogen one, because you can't store the hydrogen.

edit.... and I'm not at all sure the principal reason isn't to get oxygen, rather than hydrogen!

Moi x
02-Feb-08, 02:32
Burning water? I think I can spot a major flaw in the argument.

Rheghead
02-Feb-08, 12:35
Yep, in nuclear submarines which have almost limitless power and are surrounded by seawater, and don't have to store the hydrogen. It's storage and energy density that are the two problems with hydrogen as a fuel. There's a good chance a fuel cell might be powering your laptop computer within a few years - but AIUI it won't be a hydrogen one, because you can't store the hydrogen.

edit.... and I'm not at all sure the principal reason isn't to get oxygen, rather than hydrogen!

You are completely correct, your suspicions about oxygen are also correct.

gillian17
02-Feb-08, 22:12
i have just had a gallon of cider.
It was produced from four apples and a gallon of water. Total cost 17p.
I then drove home which used a gallon of petrol.
Cost of the petrol.
£230 millions to find the oil.
£465 millions to build a well and extract it.
£47 millions to build a tanker to transport it.
£3 billions to build a refinery to crack it.
And you wonder why I dont drink petrol.
And I am going to get banned for this.

karia
02-Feb-08, 22:23
If one assumes you didn't 'have' the gallon of cider then drive home..you need to add the cost of your journey to wherever you purchased it..you also need to subtract the costs of all the other benificiaries from the oil find/transport etc.

Renders the maths a bit useless..but take your general point!

Ever tried Home Brew?;)

gillian17
02-Feb-08, 22:43
It was home brew.
However, I then forgot where I was.

j4bberw0ck
02-Feb-08, 23:27
i have just had a gallon of cider.
It was produced from four apples and a gallon of water. Total cost 17p.
I then drove home which used a gallon of petrol.
Cost of the petrol.
£230 millions to find the oil.
£465 millions to build a well and extract it.
£47 millions to build a tanker to transport it.
£3 billions to build a refinery to crack it.
And you wonder why I dont drink petrol.
And I am going to get banned for this.

Huh? :eek::eek: You're going to have to excuse me if I'm just being slow......... but what on earth is that about?

And how do you make a gallon of cider from four apples?

j4bberw0ck
02-Feb-08, 23:29
You are completely correct, your suspicions about oxygen are also correct.

Yeees..... I know. Thanks. [disgust]