PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the rep

NickInTheNorth
31-Jan-08, 12:06
Just thought it was about time I said thank you to the many people that have given me positive rep since I started posting on here. It is much appreciated.

I know that I probably come across as a mouthy opinionated idiot sometimes (now why could that be :D ...) but have to say I am very pleasantly surprised how little negative there has been.

henry20
31-Jan-08, 12:20
Maybe its just me, but I find it disappointing that anyone gives negative rep!!

Ok, you might not agree with some peoples opinions, but they are still entitled to them. I've given plenty of good rep to people, but can't ever imagine wanting to give someone negative rep just because their thoughts differ to mine.

A while back I was involved in a thread with someone and they made my blood boil, but I still never felt the need to rep them.

I think negative feedback says more about the person leaving the rep than the actual poster :roll:

NickInTheNorth
31-Jan-08, 12:38
I think negative feedback is perfectly ok, I have no problem with it at all, provided it is given in a meaningful way. It should not just be a case of saying "get a life idiot" or similar. (Which I've had!)

Perhaps point out that someone is being argumentative for the sake of argument and you feel that it would be better to be more constructive in the debate. That sort of thing :)

johno
31-Jan-08, 16:14
Maybe its just me, but I find it disappointing that anyone gives negative rep!!

Ok, you might not agree with some peoples opinions, but they are still entitled to them. I've given plenty of good rep to people, but can't ever imagine wanting to give someone negative rep just because their thoughts differ to mine.

A while back I was involved in a thread with someone and they made my blood boil, but I still never felt the need to rep them.

I think negative feedback says more about the person leaving the rep than the actual poster :roll:
i think negative rep is needed in cases where sarcasm has been posted about oneself or some one who plainly did,nt deserve it. there are some folk
{ not many} who revel in trouble making & stirring. [disgust] rant over.