PDA

View Full Version : Poll?

SandTiger
18-Oct-05, 22:03
How does one do a poll on here then as I have a question that would be best served with anonymous answers?

SandTiger
18-Oct-05, 22:27
k, heres the question:

Doing a spot of market research for a Further Education course covering ‘the area encompassing the retail needs of local communities in this modern age’ and wondered if you could all help out?

The topic is; Does Caithness need what are euphemistically called “adult shops” run in a professional and courteous manner where the target base can see/touch with the goods or should such things be banished to internet ordering?

Poll has been set at www.tugmistress.co.uk - so get voting please :)

Tugmistress
18-Oct-05, 23:25
just to add i have put the poll on the main front page in the right hand menu column :D

gleeber
19-Oct-05, 22:52
I was surprised at the % of folks who would demand the council to close such an establishment. :eek:
I know theres some sort of stigma attached to adult pleasure but for goodness sake is that not part of the problem? Everybody does it and I have it on good authority that my owld mate Golach may have done it on at least 2 occasions. ;) So, whats the hang up?

champagnebaby
20-Oct-05, 10:07
I think Ann Summers shops are tastefully done and look nice from the outside, or at least the one i seen was. I think an adult shop would be fine, as long as they didn't have the more 'risque' goods on display in the window then i can't see how it could offend anyone. If you don't like it don't go there - simple :D

fred
20-Oct-05, 19:12
I was surprised at the % of folks who would demand the council to close such an establishment. :eek:

It's the Presbyterians, they don't approve of sex because it can lead to dancing and things.

SandTiger
21-Oct-05, 10:06
It might have been worth pointing out and as champagnebaby helpfully reminds me; there are no window displays from the hypothetical 'adult shop' model so it is just like a bookies which can have a cctv entry system to prevent young inquisitive ones from coming in.

However it is interesting to note that Ann Summers stores are far more open in a department store way (ie wide open doors and passers-by being able to look in) than 'adult shops' despite them generally both carrying the same stock.

Wish I had considered Ann Summers stores at the time of setting the poll.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to anonymously vote on this poll already.