PDA

View Full Version : Moving House

lady penelope
29-Jan-08, 20:24
I've finally put my house on the market. This will be the 4th move I have done in my adult life. How many times has everyone moved. Is 4 average?:)

karia
29-Jan-08, 20:33
5 for me..but been in my present abode for 16 years and don't plan to move again until I retire.....to Caithness!;)

nanoo
29-Jan-08, 20:34
I've finally put my house on the market. This will be the 4th move I have done in my adult life. How many times has everyone moved. Is 4 average?:)
I don't know the average lady penelope, but the house i'm in now is my 7th since gatting married at the age of 21. Hopefully this is staying put time because i have no desire to move again, we have been in our present house for 10 years past on 25 January this year and if we don't move again for another 10 years it will be too soon. Te he. Heres hoping. ;)

NickInTheNorth
29-Jan-08, 21:01
well I just tried adding them up, and excluding places where it's literally only been a week or 2 in the past 29 years I've moved house (as in changed where I live and taken all my worldy goods with me) a total of 34 times! :eek:

I have absolutely no plans to move anywhere else at all for the foreseeable future.

karia
29-Jan-08, 21:18
well I just tried adding them up, and excluding places where it's literally only been a week or 2 in the past 29 years I've moved house (as in changed where I live and taken all my worldy goods with me) a total of 34 times! :eek:.

Blimey Nick..what do you do to annoy your neighbours that much?;)

NickInTheNorth
29-Jan-08, 21:21
Blimey Nick..what do you do to annoy your neighbours that much?;)

Just be my normal happy self :D

But I've also had a lot of jobs, and been to college and university in that time.

And I've also just remembered 2 other moves!

Thumper
29-Jan-08, 21:22
Nick, do you ever get the chance to unpack?;) bet you would be great at the old midnight flit :eek: x

Margaret M.
29-Jan-08, 21:46
That has to be a record, Nick. I have a mere 11 moves.

WeeBurd
30-Jan-08, 02:09
Excluding my parental home, I've had two - a rental for a short while, then this one. Once I put down my roots, I'm no keen to shift, lol! [lol]

Highland Laddie
30-Jan-08, 02:37
Have done 5 moves, with hopefully the 6th and last in 9 or 10 months time.

Twixy
30-Jan-08, 10:17
Before I was married I lived in 9 houses. I have been married 31 years next week and am on house number 8. Only the second one in Caithness since we moved here nearly 16 years ago.

exiledtoedinburgh
30-Jan-08, 13:48
Since I left home to go to uni etc. 6 years ago, I've lived in 6 different places. I hate moving, I just chose some dodgy flats! Have been in the most recent one for 3 years though and not intending to move unless I can get on the property ladder sometime soon (unlikely!) or the landlord wants me out.

Lavenderblue2
30-Jan-08, 15:10
We've had nine moves since getting married, I couldn't believe it when I counted up - I daresay we'll have to 'downsize' yet - either that or the next stop will be 'a home for the bewildered' :confused

LB :lol:

MISS K
30-Jan-08, 15:21
I have moved 6 times since leaving home, and the last 2 moves have been in the last year......moving up here last January to a rented property then again in july when we bought our home.

And i aint finished yet, will have a couple more moves in the future too no doubt:lol:

Valerie Campbell
30-Jan-08, 15:31
Think Nick in the North wins hands down for moves! I've moved 5 times so far in the past 18 years. I hope it's a while before I have to do it again.

justine
30-Jan-08, 17:54
Am not sure of the exact times i moved but i grew up in the army,so i was moved every 2 yrs.Since leaving i have moved,9 times ,3 since we came to wick,so maybe i should just say more times than i can remember...:eek:

nanoo
30-Jan-08, 18:06
Before I was married I lived in 9 houses. I have been married 31 years next week and am on house number 8. Only the second one in Caithness since we moved here nearly 16 years ago.
Well,well,well Twixy, unlike you,before i married i lived in only two houses. i've been married 40 years this march 16th and as i said we're on house no 7. Only our second house here in Caithness since coming here 17 years ago, so we have that in common eh? ;)

paris
30-Jan-08, 20:07
Ive had 10 moves but would do anything for an 11th back to caithness ! jan x

lynne duncan
30-Jan-08, 20:20
only 2 moves for us, all within 5 miles so we're homebirds

trinkie
30-Jan-08, 20:25
Thirteen moves for me ....seven different towns.

When I begin clearing out and packing I always start with the Kitchen drawer !

cuddlepop
30-Jan-08, 20:51
Since I've been born I lived in 13 different homes.
Tenament.
house
semi detached house
cottage
semi detached house
caravan
cottage
Hostle flat
semi detached
bungalow
caravan.
hostle
semi detached .....Home :D

Now where to next;)

_Ju_
30-Jan-08, 20:54
29 moves with furniture/all belongings (there was a time when I had no furniture;) ). Four different countries....or to be more exact, five if you count England and Scotland as 2 instead of one. A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Sandra_B
30-Jan-08, 21:07
Over my life 16 moves. 11 of those since we've been married. We've lived in 4 different countries.

Bobinovich
30-Jan-08, 22:44
Total of 13 - 6 prior to moving here aged almost 9, the other 7 all within Caithness over the last 30 years.

marlyn
31-Jan-08, 21:23
I have only lived in 6 houses since I was born, but only been in Thurso for 6 years and managed to live in 3, been in this house almost 3 years and not ever moving again - unless it is out of the county. Last 2 moves have been either very pregnant or just had a baby. Never again!! babies or house moves lol!

Tilter
31-Jan-08, 23:26
22 proper moves, 5 of which were in Caithness. 6 countries. That's all I can remember anyway. I'm about ready for off again.