PDA

View Full Version : Disabled reputation

Sporran
28-Jan-08, 18:56
Some users have disabled their reputation (and have a little dark blue square instead of a green one). Yet I have found I'm still able to give good reputation to those users, if I feel their post warrants it. Does this mean they can still view the reputation and comments given to them, but they just won't have any green squares showing?

Buttercup
28-Jan-08, 19:53
Often wondered that one myself Sporran, and can they still give rep to others. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_6.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAXGB)

unicorn
28-Jan-08, 19:55
check your rep sporran

unicorn
28-Jan-08, 19:57
I can't view my rep though like this.

Buttercup
28-Jan-08, 20:01
Thanks Unicorn, you've just answered my part of the question. ;):lol:

Bobinovich
28-Jan-08, 20:55
Yes, users with disabled reputation CAN give rep. While I can't see my rep with it turned off, I do occasionally go in and turn it on temporarily just to see what people have given me rep for.

What I do find infuriating is having to spread my rep around [disgust] (c'mon admin, lower the value!) so I get round this by PMing the person a wee note instead.

Buttercup
28-Jan-08, 21:37
Thanks Bobinovich.:D

WeeBurd
28-Jan-08, 22:07
Yes, users with disabled reputation CAN give rep. While I can't see my rep with it turned off, I do occasionally go in and turn it on temporarily just to see what people have given me rep for.

What I do find infuriating is having to spread my rep around [disgust] (c'mon admin, lower the value!) so I get round this by PMing the person a wee note instead.

I agree, Bobinovich, I feel quite degraded being told to spread it about a bit first. [lol]

karia
28-Jan-08, 22:31
I agree, Bobinovich, I feel quite degraded being told to spread it about a bit first. [lol]

Hi Weeburd,

I told Bobinovich that was exactly what my mother told me not to do...sheesh mixed messages!;)

nannydip
29-Jan-08, 17:34
I found the whole reputation thing a complete mystery until today, now I have it sussed! :lol:

Sporran
29-Jan-08, 18:31

Thanks for answering my question, Bobinovich, and I appreciate everyone else's input too. I find it frustrating as well when I want to give someone good rep, and the system won't let me! :confused

Tilter
18-Mar-08, 21:28
Sorry but I've looked in FAQ's etc., and I can't find anything about this rep business. I know I have a little blue square that's disabled. Why's that? How do you post good reps/bad reps? View your own etc.? If you can direct me to the explanation I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

golach
18-Mar-08, 21:40
Sorry but I've looked in FAQ's etc., and I can't find anything about this rep business. I know I have a little blue square that's disabled. Why's that? How do you post good reps/bad reps? View your own etc.? If you can direct me to the explanation I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Go to your User Cp the options are there