PDA

View Full Version : Passport Office in Wick?

Jackpot
28-Jan-08, 12:04
Hi!

Does anyone know if the Passport Office in Wick is now open and if so can they tell me the opening times?

Thanks!

Sapphire2803
28-Jan-08, 13:12
Found this link, does this help? http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/find-interview-office-wick.asp

It says that it's an interview office, so does that mean that's all they do? Interviews under the new rules? Seems a bit daft, surely once they've got an office open they give a couple of hours a week to normal passport enquiries etc.

Jackpot
28-Jan-08, 14:31
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the link, it doesn't really help much though does it?! I am wanting to renew my passport and the office appears to only be used for interviews. Guess I will just have to send it off!

D.

Sapphire2803
28-Jan-08, 14:37
You can get it checked at the post office, if you're worried.
£72 though... Yikes!! That costs more than our last holiday!! :eek:

Murdina Bug
28-Jan-08, 16:23
The passport office in Wick will only be be used to interview people who are applying for a first time passport when new regulations come into force. I have heard that the timescale for implementing these regulations has changed and therefore I don't think the office has actually opened yet (someone may know otherwise?).

I assume that even once the interview has been conducted the person concerned will still need to forward their paperwork to the 'central office' for processing and issue of the passport.

When I did a renewal (and a new passport for the nipper) recently I filled in all details on the passport website and the form then comes to you
preprinted, which makes it a bit easier than trying to squeeze your info into those little boxes per letter!

I would definately recommend getting a passport NOW if you need one, before this interview carry on is implemented!

birdman
21-Jun-10, 11:19
any one know the phone number for this office ??

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jun-10, 11:36
Hubby had his interview in this office when he applied for his first British Passport. They were checking to make sure he was who he said he was. :eek:

Venture
21-Jun-10, 12:26
You don't need to attend for an interview if its to renew your passport. It's all done by post. I recently did this and it was sent to the normal address through the post office who checked that it had been filled in properly.:cool:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/index.htm

The above link gives you all the advice you need.