PDA

View Full Version : Pet food fads

cuddlepop
27-Jan-08, 19:11
Have any of your pets got strange food preferences.?

Our youngest collie just loves mashed potatoes.She'll actually eat that before anything else in her dish.
Oh collie use to love raw potato,skin peeled ofcourse.:lol:

miranda
27-Jan-08, 20:28
both my cat and dog will only eat thier tinned food if in jelly!! . niether will eat if it in gravy . :confusedbut yet the dog will eat scraps in wi home made gravy:confused

justine
27-Jan-08, 21:38
both my cat and dog will only eat thier tinned food if in jelly!! . niether will eat if it in gravy . :confusedbut yet the dog will eat scraps in wi home made gravy:confused

Our cats only like the jelly too.Not very keen on gravy...As for the dog bingo will only eat buthchers and anything he can get off the kids or out the bin..
Tank is only getting puppy food at the mo(dried) but i am sure he will find a preference soon.

hell raizer
27-Jan-08, 23:06
our yorkie is daft on beef jerkie, he even knows the noise the bag makes when i open it. if i leave the bag lying about he'll pinch it :roll:

lady penelope
27-Jan-08, 23:51
My rabbit loves kale and if the fridge is opened and a bag of salad taken out she bangs on her hutch cos she thinks it's her kale!
My degu has a peanut fetish and will do tricks for one :lol:

Phoenix200416
28-Jan-08, 03:40
Milo will eat anything except bananas and cauliflower. :lol:

My rabbit Comfort loves anything you give her....

Lenor, my other rabbit won't eat the brown pellet things in his food

and my ferret refuses to eat dried ferret food and will only take dried cat food.

nanoo
28-Jan-08, 13:10
Our two male cats, Burt and Ernie love sausages(not particular what flavour)and on a Sunday morning sit by me and wait on the sausage coming down to them. Burt thinks he's a dog because he takes it from my fingers, Ernie waits till i put in on the floor for him. Burt follows me and my OH around like a dog as well and comes when you call him, just like a dog. I'm thinking that's what he must have been in a previous life, the only problem is, if that's true, he remembers being a dog. :roll: I don't think your supposed to remember a previous life, if you had one. Thing is nobody told Burt that. Te he. ;)

carasmam
28-Jan-08, 13:17
Funny you should mention sausages Nanoo. I couldn't think of a food fad for Cara - but she only likes Richmond sausages and ones from the butcher, any other kind is a no no. Once at Kanemere training I was very proud of her because they had a Christmas fun day and all the dogs had to retreive a sausage and not eat it - and woo hoo Cara won :lol:

cuddlepop
28-Jan-08, 18:16
Funny you should mention sausages Nanoo. I couldn't think of a food fad for Cara - but she only likes Richmond sausages and ones from the butcher, any other kind is a no no. Once at Kanemere training I was very proud of her because they had a Christmas fun day and all the dogs had to retreive a sausage and not eat it - and woo hoo Cara won :lol:
Oh you are naughty but I like your comment,bet you never let on.;)

Thumper
28-Jan-08, 18:38
My dog I had a few years ago,and has now sadly died, used to love tangerines!She would do anything for one and I used to wrap up a couple and put them under the tree for her at xmas...trouble is she could never wait until xmas to open it :) x

cuddlepop
28-Jan-08, 19:04
My dog I had a few years ago,and has now sadly died, used to love tangerines!She would do anything for one and I used to wrap up a couple and put them under the tree for her at xmas...trouble is she could never wait until xmas to open it :) x
Now that is a strange food fad.
Tangarines.:eek:

mrsmo
08-Feb-08, 17:03
I gave my collie meat in gravy with veg by mistake and all the veg ended up on the floor, she must have sucked the meat and gravy and spat out the veg!! lesson learnt buy meat in gravy with no veg, she is a funny little thing sometimes. likes something one day and not the next?? she like spag bol and chilli and rice though!

cuddlepop
08-Feb-08, 17:08
Our two collies love a good curry but it has to be homemade.:lol:

mrsmo
08-Feb-08, 17:10
funny how collies like home cooked food:) must have good taste!!

buggyracer
08-Feb-08, 18:03
one of my jack russells will steal a bannana out of the fruit bowl and peel it herself and eat the contents :roll:

unicorn
08-Feb-08, 18:21
My boxer loves bananas and my grandad had a dog that used to pick the gooseberries off the bush and eat them :D

cuddlepop
08-Feb-08, 19:26
My boxer loves bananas and my grandad had a dog that used to pick the gooseberries off the bush and eat them :D
Gooseberries:eek:,
we inherited a few bushes when we moved in,the birds can eat them as no one else will.

Your grandad's dog must have had strange tastes.lol

unicorn
08-Feb-08, 19:39
She would pick the blackcurrants off the bushes to and eat them.

cuddlepop
08-Feb-08, 19:44
She would pick the blackcurrants off the bushes to and eat them.
I see she was a "fruity" dog.;)

unicorn
08-Feb-08, 20:02
Fruity I am not sure about but most definately nutty :lol: