PDA

View Full Version : Flooded Garden

karia
27-Jan-08, 16:02
Hi Folks,

We have had a week of constant heavy rain and as a result much of my garden was under about a foot of water for 48 hours. (despite OH digging field drains last year)

What can I expect will happen to the bulbs that were happily coming up and how will the existing plants and shrubs have coped?

Any advice on prevention would also be appreciated..however we live in a valley and the entire street was flooded.:(

Lolabelle
28-Jan-08, 05:07
Hi Folks,

We have had a week of constant heavy rain and as a result much of my garden was under about a foot of water for 48 hours. (despite OH digging field drains last year)

What can I expect will happen to the bulbs that were happily coming up and how will the existing plants and shrubs have coped?

Any advice on prevention would also be appreciated..however we live in a valley and the entire street was flooded.:(

The only time I've ever had bulbs flooded, they rotted, I hope your bulbs survive.
You could just grow them in pots, and therefore keep them on higher ground, and then secrete the pots of flowering bulbs throughout garden.... maybe???:eek: