PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Post

golach
27-Jan-08, 11:23
Check out page 21 of today's Sunday Post, and you will see one of our .Orgers. A good article too, well done all in the article

anneoctober
27-Jan-08, 12:36
Check out page 21 of today's Sunday Post, and you will see one of our .Orgers. A good article too, well done all in the article
Have to wait until 1pm before I find out IF it's Johno's return to the Org:roll:

golach
27-Jan-08, 12:40
Have to wait until 1pm before I find out IF it's Johno's return to the Org:roll:
No, it is nothing as trivial as the return of johno [disgust]

anneoctober
27-Jan-08, 12:46
No, it is nothing as trivial as the return of johno [disgust]
Will reply once I've got my hands on my paper. Now put that face away and smile. ;)

nanoo
27-Jan-08, 13:45
Will reply once I've got my hands on my paper. Now put that face away and smile. ;)
I think it's the story of the head teacher who has saved her school about 1600 pounds a year with an excellent idea she had. She has even won an award for it and other schools are to follow suit. I won't spoil it for you. Please read it for yourself folks. WELL DONE HEAD TEACHER. :roll:

scotsboy
27-Jan-08, 14:39
Any chance of a scanned copy, for those of us not fortunate to be able to get a hard copy of such an erudite publication.........actually just remembered that the library out here do get a copy of the Sunday Post!:)

nanoo
27-Jan-08, 16:03
Hi there, I should point out there are two good stories in the Sunday post today. The one i mentioned above(post 5)about Wick Head teacher of Pultneytown Primary school(centre pages,far right column) The other story is on page 21 and i missed it i'm ashamed to say, its about the lady, Paula Gent who set up the north coast branch of British Divers Marine Life Rescue. It's quite a big piece so you will have to read it for yourself.

anneoctober
27-Jan-08, 16:04
We ARE in agreement Golach about the article. Fantastic work, but why don't we know more about these organisations or indeed their unsung heroes? I'm ashamed to say I did n't know BDMLR existed .:(
Well done to all the helpers etc, a hard and sometimes cruel end to your efforts, but must surely be made worthwhile by the many success's you've been a part of. I wish you all the best. Anne xx :)

Tugmistress
27-Jan-08, 16:42
We ARE in agreement Golach about the article. Fantastic work, but why don't we know more about these organisations or indeed their unsung heroes? I'm ashamed to say I did n't know BDMLR existed .:(
Well done to all the helpers etc, a hard and sometimes cruel end to your efforts, but must surely be made worthwhile by the many success's you've been a part of. I wish you all the best. Anne xx :)

Thanks anneoctober, not seen it yet but from what i have heard it isn't too bad an article, will have to go and see if they sell it at coop or somewhere in thurso.

johno
27-Jan-08, 16:45
hi Anne, im back and im way above trading insults on the org.
when & if i insult anyone it will be man to man face to face.
let s keep the org out of it.

thanks Anne know your a pal.x

Ash
27-Jan-08, 16:46
welcome back johno!:D

unicorn
27-Jan-08, 16:48
you do a great job tuggs, keep it up :D

scotsboy
27-Jan-08, 16:48
BDMLR has been active in Caithness for at least 8-9 years.

johno
27-Jan-08, 16:52
welcome back johno!:D
thank you Ash, know your a pal x

Tugmistress
27-Jan-08, 16:54
The original team which was headed by ali jack was first trained ten years ago last september! they had until recently a seal unit out at scarfskerry, i don't know the ins and outs but when i became interested they were no longer an active unit :(

BDMLR has been active in Caithness for at least 8-9 years.

nanoo
27-Jan-08, 16:56
Picked up on your joke yesterday johno, it gave me a good laugh when i neede it. Welcome back, you WERE missed by MANY.;)

cuddlepop
27-Jan-08, 17:06
Its a good article like you said Golach well worth a read.
Tuggs well done to you and the rest of the team for all that you do.:D

johno
27-Jan-08, 17:07
Picked up on your joke yesterday johno, it gave me a good laugh when i neede it. Welcome back, you WERE missed by MANY.;)

Thank you Nanoo, I know your a pal..i missed all my pal,s ,x
ps, may i also take this opportunity to thank all my friend,s who emailed me during my absence
to the people who took the time to ask friends of friends how to E mail me. i counted all the mail,s to day before deleting them. all 227 of you. many thanks for your support . thanks again. johno xx

northener
27-Jan-08, 17:15
The original team which was headed by ali jack was first trained ten years ago last september! they had until recently a seal unit out at scarfskerry, i don't know the ins and outs but when i became interested they were no longer an active unit :(

I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about the BDMLR, but the decision to wind down the Scarfskerry unit was partly because of the imminent loss of a site for the rescue unit. There were a couple of us who quietly worked our backsides off to keep the unit going, but it became too much.

I've seen Big Micheal and myself running round at all hours keeping the pups going and scouring stormy beaches when we should be earning money. Hard work but very rewarding.

Keep up the good work, Tuggs.

nanoo
27-Jan-08, 18:08
I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about the BDMLR, but the decision to wind down the Scarfskerry unit was partly because of the imminent loss of a site for the rescue unit. There were a couple of us who quietly worked our backsides off to keep the unit going, but it became too much.

I've seen Big Micheal and myself running round at all hours keeping the pups going and scouring stormy beaches when we should be earning money. Hard work but very rewarding.

Keep up the good work, Tuggs.

I remember Alistair Jack well, he went to Holland? was it. I 'm glad you mentioned Big Michael though northener, i have'nt seen him in years. Does he still have the Alsatian(GSD)? All of you do a tremendous job.

northener
27-Jan-08, 18:14
I remember Alistair Jack well, he went to Holland? was it. I 'm glad you mentioned Big Michael though northener, i have'nt seen him in years. Does he still have the Alsatian(GSD)? All of you do a tremendous job.

Both alive and kicking. Dog is well too!

nanoo
27-Jan-08, 18:19
Both alive and kicking. Dog is well too!

Thanks for the info northener, it's much appreciated.;)

Sporran
27-Jan-08, 18:29

Wish I could check it out too, but I canna. No Sunday Post for me here, I'm afraid! :~(

Fran
27-Jan-08, 19:18
You can read the sunday Post on line

changilass
27-Jan-08, 20:56
Would someone, anyone, care to post a link so those of us that don't buy the paper can see what you are all on about please, or is the sunday post clique members only with funny handshakes and all????

golach
27-Jan-08, 21:28
We ARE in agreement Golach about the article. Fantastic work, but why don't we know more about these organisations or indeed their unsung heroes? I'm ashamed to say I did n't know BDMLR existed .
anne, BDMLR is often headlined on the Org message boards, no fault of yours that you did not see it, I pointed it out as I met Paula recently and she is Tugmistress of the Org, the bonniest Weathergirl I know :D

golach
27-Jan-08, 21:31
Would someone, anyone, care to post a link so those of us that don't buy the paper can see what you are all on about please, or is the sunday post clique members only with funny handshakes and all????
Changi,and Sporran unforunately, the Sunday Post does not post all its articles on the web, so get down to the newsagents and get a copy, Changi, it only costs 90p,
but I will keep my copy for you [lol]