PDA

View Full Version : Wallet & Grimace 'in the far north'.....

percy toboggan
26-Jan-08, 17:07
...I've added some footage of Thurso, Scrabster and Halkirk (with some grand music) to youtube, should anyone be at all interested in having a look.

thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUT7yV-7ajA

sassylass
26-Jan-08, 18:33
Another nice film, maybe someday we'll see you at the Oscar's :D.

May I ask what type of camera you use, and what program you use to edit your films?

Sporran
26-Jan-08, 19:57
That was absolutely wonderful, thanks, Percy!! I enjoyed my mini virtual tour back home immensely! :D Loved the music too, and that added bit of humour at the end! :lol:

psyberyeti
26-Jan-08, 21:12
Good film. I wanted it to be longer.:cool:
Horrible, really horrible music.:eek: Fingernails down a blackboard type music.

wifie
26-Jan-08, 21:19
Loved the no longer standing stones - lol! Thanks for that percy!:)

Buttercup
26-Jan-08, 22:25
Thanks Percy, always find your wee travelogs interesting.:lol:

percy toboggan
26-Jan-08, 23:58
thaks a lot all for your comments...glad it was worth putting up.
The music was a track totally unbeknown to me until this morning! I was struggling to find something suitable and found Katie Melua on a free newspaper giveaway c.d.....I quite like it and the 'faraway' bit seemed to fit.

Sassylass: the camera is an eight year old Panasonic digital camcorder that records onto mini dv tape - no screen, just a viewfinder, which saves on battery life. It cost us £400 in 2000....they are now half the size and almost half the cost! The software is Pinnacle 11....which was about fifty quid from PC World. I recently bought a new lap top which is used solely for vids and photos so it stays nice and fast.

I'm putting another one together later featuring glimpses from Achmelvich to Ballachulish via Fort Augustus....beware the music !! ;-)

Sporran
27-Jan-08, 18:18
thaks a lot all for your comments...glad it was worth putting up.
The music was a track totally unbeknown to me until this morning! I was struggling to find something suitable and found Katie Melua on a free newspaper giveaway c.d.....I quite like it and the 'faraway' bit seemed to fit.

I agree with you, Percy. Katie Melua's song did fit, as did Sandy Denny's and Runrig's on your "Brora and beyond" video.

NLP
27-Jan-08, 22:52
Another great short film I did enjoy it and I loved the music, never heard it before.

Raven
27-Jan-08, 23:03
NIce one percy! Its interesting to see what other peeps see when they come to Caithness :-)

Margaret M.
03-Feb-08, 04:08
That was lovely, Percy, it made me a little homesick. I loved the Katie Melua song.