PDA

View Full Version : Happy Australia Day!

Angela
26-Jan-08, 11:55
To Lolabelle and all our Ozzie Orgers - hope you're having a very happy Australia Day! :) :)

golach
26-Jan-08, 15:45
To Lolabelle and all our Ozzie Orgers - hope you're having a very happy Australia Day! :) :)
Very well spotted Angela, Lolabelle, andmac, Rhandy, and any others that I have missed have a great day

bluelady
26-Jan-08, 21:25
To Lolabelle and all our Ozzie Orgers - hope you're having a very happy Australia Day! :)

Ditto :) ...

badger
26-Jan-08, 22:35
Oh Angela - why didn't I look at the forum earlier? Just emailed a friend staying in Australia. Too late now. How clever of you to know.

Echidna
26-Jan-08, 23:48
Thanks all for Australia Day posts, in true blue Aussie style we had a wonderful barbeque with a bottle of fine South Australian Red, watched some cricket and tennis on the tele, and my brother backed a 70-1 winner for the punter's club .... how good is that!!! Now for the public holiday on Monday...

Thumper
26-Jan-08, 23:52
Happy Australia Day to all!has anyone seen your new aussie, camelspider yet?;) x

robynaus
27-Jan-08, 01:08
Thank you everyone the sun is shining, we will maybe win the cricket although the Indians are playing very well the cycling is going well and we will have our BBQ tomorrow on the public holiday. from the luckiest country in the world regards robyn

PS It's the Indian national day too. So any sub-continent orgers congratulations on your day as well

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
27-Jan-08, 06:53
To Lolabelle and all our Ozzie Orgers - hope you're having a very happy Australia Day! :) :)Thanks for the kind wishes Angela & all the Orgers,we in Queensland are in a bit of bother with the floods but the people handle it,must have a lot of Scotish blood out here,went to the beack for a bit of a carnival they put on every year,had a good time,again thanks to all for the thought,live here but think the heart still belongs to Thurso,best to all Robin

anneoctober
27-Jan-08, 12:52
Thanks for the kind wishes Angela & all the Orgers,we in Queensland are in a bit of bother with the floods but the people handle it,must have a lot of Scotish blood out here,went to the beack for a bit of a carnival they put on every year,had a good time,again thanks to all for the thought,live here but think the heart still belongs to Thurso,best to all Robin
If we promise to bring Bews sausages & some Old Pultney are we invited???? ;) Hope it's a beaute :D

robynaus
28-Jan-08, 03:45
If we promise to bring Bews sausages & some Old Pultney are we invited???? ;) Hope it's a beaute :D

Sure can Anneoctober robyn

Lolabelle
28-Jan-08, 05:02
Thanks Angela and All,

Unfortunately Dave and I had to work. :eek:

But judging by the amount of car and houses flying the Australian Flag, a good time was had by all.

I'm going to cook Spaghetti Bolognaise tonight, to celebrate Australia's Multiculturalism! [lol]

twiglet
28-Jan-08, 20:50
Happy Australia day to all the orgers in aussie land, sunbathe for me, have a barbie and a tinny or two. Just have a great day!

Bobinovich
28-Jan-08, 21:56
Do I detect a tinge of green to that post Twiglet, as you stare out at the rain [disgust]

daviddd
29-Jan-08, 01:58
I had hoped to join in some celebrations, but unfortunately by the time I cycled into Dungog (NSW) the festivities (a free breakfast I understood!!) had finished, shame. I have nice social encounters most days though, the Aussie's are a real friendly bunch mostly.

I'm slowly heading north, now in Forster-Tuncurry and Brisbane mid-Feb where I will meet my beloved who flies out from wintry Caithness to be with me for a while (and see her son and D-I-L too...)

If anyone is intersted in my travels my website is at www.davidddinoz.blogspot.com - it would be nice to hear from y'all.