PDA

View Full Version : New Business Venture.

Mother Bear
26-Jan-08, 10:03
There will soon be a new business operating throughout the Highlands and Islands, offering a Pet/House Sitting Service and also Dog Walking. In preparation for this service we would like to do some Market Research in the area. If you think you would use a Pet/House Sitter, or even consider being a Pet/House Sitter or Dog Walker yourself, please spare time to fill in the on-line survey from this link.
Thank you for your time.
www.highlandpetcare.co.uk/Survey.htm

EDDIE
26-Jan-08, 11:28
they have that service in aberdeen i think its a good idea if the price is right but its all about trust if people are going to give them there house key to get in and would the company be insured if there is any problems?
I would love to have a dog but i wont because i work all day and think it would be a shame to leave the dog in the house all day by itself?

carasmam
26-Jan-08, 13:56
Filled in your survey. Good luck in your new business :D

lady penelope
26-Jan-08, 20:14
This would be brilliant for my menagerie! Our neighbours are great but I hate expecting them to watch the animals, even though the cats please themselves! They would move in next door if they got away with it :lol:

Venture
26-Jan-08, 23:04
Can you tell me if the rates per day double if you have say two dogs. By the way what a brilliant idea.

cuddlepop
27-Jan-08, 11:31
It is an excellent idea and I wish you every success.
I can see it as a lifeline when someone has to go into hospital and there's no one to look after their animals.:D

Mother Bear
27-Jan-08, 12:21
Hi Venture,
We are still in the early stages of setting up the proposed business, and as
you can appreciate there is a lot to go into, and check out, which all takes
time. Our charges will be based on a 24hr service, for house sitting. There
will be an additional charge for one dog, and thereafter a smaller charge
for each subsequent dog.That is all I can tell you at the moment as I
cannot state at this point what are charges will be....these are the things
we are still working on, based on research and our market research surveys.

For Eddie, yes I agree that trust plays a large part in letting strangers in
your house, and to care for your much loved pets. We aim to run a reliable
and reputable business, therefore our sitters will be personally
interviewed, and also have a CRB check. They will also be fully insured for
any eventuality whilst they are 'house/pet sitting.' We will also be
registered with NARPS, [the National Association of Registered Pet Sitters]
as will all our individual sitters and dog walkers.
I hope this brief outline helps.
Thank you cuddlepop and others for your positive vibes, encouragement and good luck messages....much appreciated.

daviddd
08-Feb-08, 06:38
Sounds like a great idea, and you seem to have everything covered...

rob16d
21-Feb-08, 08:45
I don't know if that'd last up here......? Is there the cliéntele? Well good luck anyway! :)

Fran
22-Feb-08, 02:48
Yes there will always be a need for this service. I know of a few people, including myself, who were worried sick when suddenly admitted to hospital and their cat and dog sitting at home.
Have you got the "ambulance bottles". Its a small plastic bottle with 2 stickers, one for the back of the front door and one for the fridge. If paramedics come in they look for these signs and can get the bottle from the fridge. in it is a form that you fill in with all your details, your illnesses, next of kin, your pills etc etc. also you can put down your pets name and who to contact to come for your pet.
This would also be ideal for this great new business as their details could be put on the form in the bottle.
I think this new business is a great idea and has been needed in this area for a long time. Goodluck to you.