PDA

View Full Version : first aid training

rhino
25-Jan-08, 22:14
does anyone know of any clubs in the area that provides first aid training?

looking for 1 day course with certificate at end

Moby
25-Jan-08, 22:32
Caithness Sports Council frequently offers courses - unfortunately you have just missed one but I have attached the link so you can contact them to find out when the next one is.

http://sport.caithness.org/article.php?id=172

rhino
25-Jan-08, 22:41
thanks moby,

but it has got to be in the workplace course

evelyn
25-Jan-08, 23:01
Try Thurso College. They run courses from time to time . The course is a comprehensive 4 day one that deals with all aspects of emergency aid with bi annual refresher thereafter. It is primarily for emergency aid in the workplace complete with certification at the end (if you pass the exam). Not sure about any one day courses but if you give them a ring I`m sure they`ll have the info you need.

catnip
25-Jan-08, 23:24
Hey Rhino how is it going?
Thurso College do one day courses, give them a ring and they will tell you when they are on and what spaces available. No idea about the cost think it is about £70.
It is called emergency first aid. The four day course one is the main one for first aid and asked about it when I was up doing the emergency one a few months ago and the guy told me what the price was, it was either £200 or £400.
Contact ILA Scotland and apply to them, you can get up to £200 towards a course!

rhino
25-Jan-08, 23:45
hey catnip,

thanks, cost no concern cause firm payin for it.

got the kitchen ceiling repaired today at long last.

herselfs away out to some sort of party, so i got the place to maself.

catnip
26-Jan-08, 00:08
If the firm paying for it get them to get you booked on the course. Good course!
I waiting up for hubby to get home from back shift

baggie boy
27-Jan-08, 12:42
Hi

St Andrews Ambulance Ass. also run first aid courses. PM me more contact details and prices.

I have done first aid courses with both and found that St. Andrews had more detail in.