PDA

View Full Version : How about something positive!

orkneylass
25-Jan-08, 20:04
What makes you happy? What are some of the happiest experiences you have ever had? My kids have given me huge pleasure. A day on my own in the snow exploring Helsinki's art galleries and cathedrals was one of the happiest of my life, the other was sailing a yacht with a friend on our own in croatia in gorgeous sunshine blasing out rock music on the CD player.

brokencross
25-Jan-08, 20:27
Being at the birth of my first daughter put a real tingle up my spine, made me cry tears of happiness and laugh out in sheer relief that mother and baby were both well.

Once when I was about 15 I went horse riding with my girlfriend. It was on a crisp clear December morning, the ground was white with deep crunchy snow, it was so romantic and certainly made me very happy at the time.

Highland Laddie
25-Jan-08, 20:32
The three most happiest times in my life.

1) When i married my wife

2) When we had our 3 children

3) When the afore mentioned 3 children left home [lol]

karia
25-Jan-08, 20:39
Marrying my childhood sweetheart almost a decade ago..after many bad relationship decisions on both sides.

We 'eloped' with 2 best men..(one a professional magician.:roll:)

It was a fantastic day and most importantly ...the best decision I have ever..or ever will make.

I am still ridiculously happy..hope he is too!;)

twiglet
25-Jan-08, 20:39
Getting the keys to my first flat made me very happy, as did marrying my other half.

By far the best day was finding out I was pregnant with my daughter after medical assistance. Then actually managing to carry her through a terrible pregnancy to a week short of her due date after several miscarrages and being able to hold her in my arms. She's my little miracle.

miranda
25-Jan-08, 20:51
1. getting married
2. having my 2 kids
another memorable day was getting the keys to my first house although it was only a council house but it was my own and i was independent!!!

trix
25-Jan-08, 21:00
im happy when i go til ma work!!!!! sad i ken, but i do hev 'e best job :lol:

i lek 'e simple things in life, lek getin a txt or a PM fie someone special, or when ye share a special moment wi someone....one that ye'l always remember....

i also lek when its wild an cowld, an rainin ootside. an i shut ma curtains, an put ma jamys on, open a btl o wine an just.......be.

ats what makes me happy, an most o' 'e time i feel truly blessed an lucky til be alive :lol:

amano lucky?

orkneylass
25-Jan-08, 21:39
Oooh yes ! When it's dark and cold and windy, a good old slob out in the warm with a glass of wine is hard to beat - the simple pleasures are the best

Thumper
25-Jan-08, 21:53
Getting my own car,it was a surprise present and I grinned from Perth the whole way home I was so chuffed! Also when my Kids do well at something,especially if it is something they enjoy!And lastly,and i know I am so predictable but...new shoes ;) works for me everytime [lol] x

Billy Boy
25-Jan-08, 22:04
without doubt,the best experience was watching my wee girl come into this world :D worst was 1 hour later watching her in a incubator getting put into a helicopter heading for glasgow and no room in the helicopter but for medical staff, everything turned out fine, mrs bb and wee one were just fine :D

miranda
25-Jan-08, 23:55
[quote=trix;329361]im happy when i go til ma work!!!!! sad i ken, but i do hev 'e best job :lol:

ahh trix is it your colleagues you enjoy so much ..?? i ken i hev agood laugh wi ma colleagues!!:D

catnip
26-Jan-08, 00:04
[quote=trix;329361]im happy when i go til ma work!!!!! sad i ken, but i do hev 'e best job :lol:

ahh trix is it your colleagues you enjoy so much ..?? i ken i hev agood laugh wi ma colleagues!!:D

hope that includes me! LOL

miranda
26-Jan-08, 00:07
tis ok catnip your included too:lol:

karia
26-Jan-08, 01:18
Forgot to mention one of my best joys.

..being an adopted auntie to the loveliest of girls!

the one in Wick and the two outside of it..you all make me ever so proud!;)

Auntie kariaxxx

Sapphire2803
26-Jan-08, 01:45
sounds like money makes you happy, most folks are just happy to be alive & able bodied never mind the luxuries

Nope, Orkneylass stowed away and was then only in the art galleries casing the joint, she then commited grand theft boato (I like that, must remember it) to get away with the stolen artwork! OK?

Good grief, some people can twist anything. Now leave Orkneylass alone and stop sniping.

Hmmph!

Well , mine would be: (in order of happinessmakingness) ;)
1. The births of my 3 children
2. Marrying my wonderful (current, second) Hubby
3. Divorcing my first husband

Angela
26-Jan-08, 11:35
1. The births of my three children
2. My second marriage
3. A very special holiday with family and friends spent on 'our' very small Greek island. :D :D

trix
26-Jan-08, 16:08
hope that includes me! LOL

of course it dis catnip - what a happy bunch we all are....

wur boss is so proud/lucky ;)[lol]

trix
26-Jan-08, 16:18
Forgot to mention one of my best joys.

..being an adopted auntie to the loveliest of girls!

the one in Wick and the two outside of it..you all make me ever so proud!;)

Auntie kariaxxx

da ken fit id do withoot ye Ak........crack up????? :lol:

orkneylass
26-Jan-08, 16:22
[quote=Sapphire2803;329514]Nope, Orkneylass stowed away and was then only in the art galleries casing the joint, she then commited grand theft boato (I like that, must remember it) to get away with the stolen artwork! OK?

Good grief, some people can twist anything. Now leave Orkneylass alone and stop sniping.

Hmmph!

I can't find barkinmad's original quote - was it removed? I actually don't think enough people apprecaite being alive and healthy. Ofcourse, our lives in the Uk are easier than most people's - we don't live with the poverty, disease, back-breaking work, lack of justice etc that the majority of people on this planet experience.

Also, because I can't find the original post I cannot make sense of the connection between art galleries and money - most are freee to get into!!!!!

percy toboggan
26-Jan-08, 16:51
I think my happiest times of late are spent with my five year old grand-daughter. She is real joy. In some ways I wish I had more grandchildren, yet I feel so much love, care and concern for this one I'm not sure I could replicate it several times over. I think being a cornerstone of a childs life is a real privilege and a duty to be taken seriously. I didn't quite realise the full gravity of this when I was younger...maybe I was too busy trying to eek a livin' for us all.

On a less profound and daily level, my new found breakfast of porridge oats and fresh blueberries makes me happy in the morning.

orkneylass
26-Jan-08, 17:24
I think my happiest times of late are spent with my five year old grand-daughter. She is real joy. In some ways I wish I had more grandchildren, yet I feel so much love, care and concern for this one I'm not sure I could replicate it several times over. I think being a cornerstone of a childs life is a real privilege and a duty to be taken seriously. I didn't quite realise the full gravity of this when I was younger...maybe I was too busy trying to eek a livin' for us all.

On a less profound and daily level, my new found breakfast of porridge oats and fresh blueberries makes me happy in the morning.

Percy - you have got your values right - happiness comes from within, and is not dependent on external circumstances - you are making some great choices. Maybe one day I will be a grandparent - it is the chance to get all the joy without the ultimate responsibility, especially if your days of working all the hours god gives for your family have passed.

Sapphire2803
26-Jan-08, 17:50
[quote=Sapphire2803;329514]Nope, Orkneylass stowed away and was then only in the art galleries casing the joint, she then commited grand theft boato (I like that, must remember it) to get away with the stolen artwork! OK?

Hmmph!

I can't find barkinmad's original quote - was it removed? I actually don't think enough people apprecaite being alive and healthy. Ofcourse, our lives in the Uk are easier than most people's - we don't live with the poverty, disease, back-breaking work, lack of justice etc that the majority of people on this planet experience.

Also, because I can't find the original post I cannot make sense of the connection between art galleries and money - most are freee to get into!!!!!

The post does seem to have disappeared... no loss!
Apparently Barkinmad thought you have to be a millionaire to set foot in an art gallery or on a yacht, to be honest though I didn't see this thread as one of those politically correct, what makes you happy threads as you did say "experiences" that made you happy and if people are going to answer honestly, then it shouldn't matter if those experiences happen to be ones that cost money should it? Otherwise we'll end up with a forum full of answers worthy of Miss World contestants.
Yes we'd all love world peace and an end to hunger, but on a day to day basis, most honest answers are a lot closer to home.
Yes we're all glad to be alive (most days) ;) and as for able bodied? who says we are?

Anyway, the post has gone now and at least I'm left with a rather amusing mental image of you (Orkneylass) as an international art thief, who stows away on ferries.

:lol:

orkneylass
26-Jan-08, 18:54
You're all too clever for me on the org...I did not think you'd pick up the clues and solve the crime so quickly.....but what about the yacht I hid in my garage....Oh no, I said I had a garage...now everyone will think I'm a posh snob!!!!!

scotsboy
26-Jan-08, 19:08
The Rangers winning:)

ciderally
26-Jan-08, 19:13
my son.....after being told i couldent have any kids xx