PDA

View Full Version : don't you think the blue lights look pretty...

NickInTheNorth
25-Jan-08, 16:01
...on the trees in Thurso

(posted especially for Octane)

Dog-eared
25-Jan-08, 16:07
No.
When they first went up a taxi driver commented to me that " They're more Halloween than Christmasey "
I agree.

I'd prefer lots of small white ones.

Lavenderblue2
25-Jan-08, 16:10
Yes I love the blue lights on the trees - they really brighten up the town on miserable nights. They may even make folk smile with pleasure:)

I look forward to seeing what the pedestrian precinct is going to look like after it has had £300,000 spent on it – it had better be good!

LB

connieb19
25-Jan-08, 16:11
I thought blue was supposed to be a depressing colour? :confused

NickInTheNorth
25-Jan-08, 16:14
I thought blue was supposed to be a depressing colour? :confused

taken from no particular website, the same sort of information is on several:

Blue

Is the colour of truth, serenity and harmony, by helping to soothe the mind. Blue is good for cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting. Blue will help feverish conditions, it will help stop bleeding and it will help with nervous irritations. Researchers found that children tested higher on IQ tests in rooms with blue ceilings.

Blue, if diluted to a lighter hue, can reduce stress and relieve tension. Is a colour of peace, tranquility and wisdom and can generate a sense of well-being. Blue gives the impression of space and coolness and represents serenity and loyalty.

garrioch
25-Jan-08, 16:15
just the counclil following fashion blue LED's are relativly new on a commercial basis so while it was nice to be amoung the first towns to have them some thing more appropraite or even a mix of colours will be nice.

octane
25-Jan-08, 16:32
Cheers Nick,

what we need, original and fresh input :lol:

I reckon the colours quite funky....i like it

Derlyn
25-Jan-08, 17:02
I think the lights were lovely over the festive period but should be turned off now.

Torvaig
25-Jan-08, 17:18
The blue lights don't seem to be working their magic on some of the people who spill out of Skinandi's at the weekend; maybe they should be bigger and brighter......:D

Fran
01-Feb-08, 03:21
I think they are lovely, also the light under the bridge, very nice.

scotsboy
01-Feb-08, 07:38
They are great, and the colour is superb.