PDA

View Full Version : Astronot's First Gig Of The Year...

Astronot
25-Jan-08, 12:43
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/jeid2000/Electric-6-Poster-Web.jpg

Hope to see you there.

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Jan-08, 15:17
Fire up the disco!

By the way, how many original members of Electric 6 are left since said single came out? One?

rob murray
25-Jan-08, 16:24
Fire up the disco!

By the way, how many original members of Electric 6 are left since said single came out? One?

Gig is selling fast, Ironworks expect a good crowd, should be a good night for ae Thirsa gadgies

Jeid
25-Jan-08, 20:34
From what I read, it was only the drummer that left the band.

foreveruntitled
25-Jan-08, 22:35
yeah I think theres only one of the members from that time still in the band, not totally sure though.

Jeid
25-Jan-08, 22:38
This place seems to have all the info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Six

Jeid
10-Feb-08, 20:24
So you know, we'll be joined on stage by Marshall cabinets and Ashdown cabinets. We'll probably have some drums and other amps there too... http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cop.gif

rob murray
11-Feb-08, 10:35
So you know, we'll be joined on stage by Marshall cabinets and Ashdown cabinets. We'll probably have some drums and other amps there too... http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cop.gif

What colour are the cabinets ?

Jeid
11-Feb-08, 20:46
Red... would look good in a living room probably. Unfortunately Jim Marshall couldn't make it along to play with us on stage... but it's ok... we'll still be good without needing someone else to back us up ;)

Chobbersjnr
11-Feb-08, 23:42
You really are a sad little boy.

Gleber2
12-Feb-08, 00:02
You really are a sad little boy.
Extremely euphemistic!!!!!!

Jeid
12-Feb-08, 00:31
This coming from Dunnet Head???

ahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

As it turns out, Ashdown cabs might not be able to make it... Ampeg might make it instead :)

rob murray
12-Feb-08, 09:58
Red... would look good in a living room probably. Unfortunately Jim Marshall couldn't make it along to play with us on stage... but it's ok... we'll still be good without needing someone else to back us up ;)

Red..what kind of living room do you have have ? Red is a bit over the top, I like neutral colours myself.

Jeid
12-Feb-08, 10:55
http://www.reeloutdoors.com/dest/pics/reel.jpg

I think I got me a big one! :D

fingalmacool
13-Feb-08, 01:56

HOWS E PUNTER,OOPS SORRY PUNTERS,OOPS SORRY BOUNCERS GOING TO KNOW WHICH ONES ARE E BAND,OOPS SORRY DID I SAY BAND,AM I GOIN TO GET PELTERS FOR THAT STATEMENT,ANYWAY ENOUGH OF THIS BANTER, AM AWAY TO GET A BOIL LANCED!!!

MR Music
13-Feb-08, 07:12
oh great i have stumbled into another ORGument.:roll:

Jeid
13-Feb-08, 10:51
Nah, you've just stumbled on me extracting the urine :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Feb-08, 21:01
Nah, you've just stumbled on me extracting the urine :)

Extracting the urine are ye Jeid?Naw take yer heid oot yer arse,and see how many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit o fame.Cause there ain't many.

Jeid
13-Feb-08, 23:50
How many people in this thread have reached a wee bit of fame?

Oh, nobody... how about you take your own advice, remove your own heid from your own arse... and start talking sense. :)

And, fwiw, you make no bloody sense. How many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit of fame... not many? How come we hear bands every week on the Radio, who've had a wee bit of fame? They're still in a band... christ, if you're going to try and get a dig in, at least get something in which has some beef behind it.

Poor... boo to you.

If this was a test, you'd score a "C" and a teacher would mark it... "must try harder"

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Feb-08, 00:46

Oh, nobody... how about you take your own advice, remove your own heid from your own arse... and start talking sense. :)

And, fwiw, you make no bloody sense. How many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit of fame... not many? How come we hear bands every week on the Radio, who've had a wee bit of fame? They're still in a band... christ, if you're going to try and get a dig in, at least get something in which has some beef behind it.

Poor... boo to you.

If this was a test, you'd score a "C" and a teacher would mark it... "must try harder"

Ah Jeid.Take a break,have a kit-kat.Remember and qoute as well.I am NOT a musician,I am a listener of music.I know what I like.But what i like about music is the way you can express your views without slagging off other fellow musicians.So make yer millions,go on.And by the way what does fwiw mean............thats bad lyrics.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Feb-08, 00:50
I hope fwiw is not For what its worth.Oh come on yer jokin right.Lyrics..........we're Doomed!!!

Jeid
14-Feb-08, 00:56
As it turns out, I don't write lyrics... so, that doesn't bother me. FWIW is indeed internet short hand.

I like slagging people off, in fact, I do it on a daily basis. The fact that people can take a joke and not react like an idiot by flying off the handle, makes me like them. The fact that those two bite so easily... well, it just makes them easy targets for a laugh :)

Make millions? I doubt it. Have a laugh playing music with my mates... INDEED! ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Feb-08, 01:10
And if you have a laugh playing music with your friends,then you have a head start on many.But,ma criticism at the end of the day was you slagging off fellow Caithness musicians in this thread.As I have said I am a LISTENER of music,I rate Astronot the same as I do the other bands in Caithness.I have sung and danced to them all.Ye sound a bit bitter though,are ye?

Jeid
14-Feb-08, 01:31
Bitter? Me? Nah, I've got nothing to be bitter about.

Most people would've laughed that off and said very funny.

In fact, having read the thread, I've not really slagged anyone off. In fact, I've taken influence. People seemed to respond to them when they said what cabs they were using, and that was fine. I was just taking a leaf out of their book ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Feb-08, 01:47
Cabs?I thought this was music we were talking aboot.

Metalattakk
14-Feb-08, 02:05
*Taxi for Cedric Farthsbottom III!*

Jeid
14-Feb-08, 02:06
Cabs?I thought this was music we were talking aboot.

Read the thread biy, then read one of the Fats' threads, you'll understand then ;)

davem
14-Feb-08, 02:33
I read all this and find the whole thing distasteful. I have watched barbs flying hither and thither for years now. Jeid this was your thread that you chose to use as a stick to try and beat people with. It is OK taking the p*** out of your mates; My reading of these exchanges is that you and your targets are far from cordial and are unlikely to ever develop the warmth that would make harsh banter acceptable.
It does noone credit to write this stuff, enough has been said to make personal opinions clear, bile from e town and disdain from the head. Nuff said Eh?
I don't particularly want to express any feelings at all really, I'd just prefer to part of a music scene that was civil at the least, and read posts that informed me of stuff I don't know already.

Jeid
14-Feb-08, 03:05
A comment about cabs distasteful? Pull the other one...

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 19:54

Poor... boo to you.

I didnae need a taxi after all.What band guys havnae remained in a band after fame.What about Syd Barrett fae Pink Floyd,Diz Minnit fae Marillion and Richie Manic fae Manic Street Preachers.The bands ye see everyday have a look back in their days and see.Ye will find someone who was brilliant but didnae continue on with the journey.

Mystical Potato Head
15-Feb-08, 20:14
.What about Syd Barrett fae Pink Floyd,Diz Minnit fae Marillion and Richie Manic fae Manic Street Preachers.

To be fair, Syd was mental and Richie was mental too

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 20:29
True,but they added an essence that kept the rest of the band going on.They didnae all split up.It was individuals who left.But the music made them grow stronger to success.There are bands who kept their original line up,but other bands should sometimes look back and think would we be here if it wisnae for [fill in the blanks]

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 20:41

This boy has a fair point.

I don't really get your point anyway as it's irrelevent. Nobody in this thread has reached an ounce of fame(to the best of my knowledge anyway).

If you look at your original quote

see how many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit o fame

It made no real sense. How many band members remain in a band after they reach a wee bit of fame? Quite a lot. I answered that already.

Then tonight you ask the same question

What band guys havnae remained in a band after fame?

What guys havnae remained in a band? All the guys that quit? All that guys that had other things in their lives that were more important.

That's like asking "how many people haven't remained in their job after a promotion?" a lot... it's how life is.

Roger Keith Barrett had schizophrenia. Richie Edwards suffered from manic(ho ho) depression. Diz Minnit quit Marillion... so, what exactly are you getting at?

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 20:43
There are bands who kept their original line up,but other bands should sometimes look back and think would we be here if it wisnae for [fill in the blanks]

Ok, so in Astronot's case, who is the missing person?

You're not making your point very clear.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 20:56
Ok, so in Astronot's case, who is the missing person?

You're not making your point very clear.

I apologise to this one.For my naivety might be bound.Cos reading the thread there was a band before Astronot.

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 20:58
You're slevering something biy...

roblovesplastic
15-Feb-08, 21:03
I am so proud of you guys
playing there when u live here
well done.

Cedric Farthsbottom III (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?find=lastposter&t=41673)

what?

seriously i mind jeid when he had acne and the drummer when i was drunk, but seriously

W E L L D O N E DONT SEE ANYONE ELSE DOIN IT??????

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[lol]

roblovesplastic
15-Feb-08, 21:08
just read the thread

oops sorry carry on your pointless orgument

[lol]

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 21:15
Acne? Lolz, I never had acne.

Cheers Rob, much appreciated :)

roblovesplastic
15-Feb-08, 21:18
can we here astronought on u tube?

(aye I do know its spelled differently)

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 21:21
Yeah, just do a quick search biy.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 21:23
My pointless orgument.I hope Astronot go on to a great success.I hope they do.But when ye stick the viccies up to other Caithness artists thats a shame.I'm a listener of music.

roblovesplastic
15-Feb-08, 21:23
click...................nuffin

click click just incase click

nuffin

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 21:30
My pointless orgument.I hope Astronot go on to a great success.I hope they do.But when ye stick the viccies up to other Caithness artists thats a shame.I'm a listener of music.

We're as guilty as each other ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 21:38
We're as guilty as each other ;)

Yer not guilty.I've heard ye play,you are a good band.But to me in ma travels,yer no better than any local band I have heard.So go on Jeid,prove me wrong.Ye know what biy I hope you do.

roblovesplastic
15-Feb-08, 21:44
ANOTHER ORG CRIME SORTED BY MOI

p.s. i really should be admin, instead of logging off and on pretending to be other people...oops

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 21:52

p.s. i really should be admin, instead of logging off and on pretending to be other people...oops

Ye've no sorted an org crime rob,Jessica Fletchers better lookin than ye:lol::lol:

TBH
15-Feb-08, 22:20
True,but they added an essence that kept the rest of the band going on.They didnae all split up.It was individuals who left.But the music made them grow stronger to success.There are bands who kept their original line up,but other bands should sometimes look back and think would we be here if it wisnae for [fill in the blanks]Fleetwood Mac are a perfect example, multiple band members but still a super group. Would pete best have made a difference one way or another to the beatles? Even though ringo was the weak link they were still a global phenomenom. If Bon Scott had lived would ac/dc still have become one of the greatest bands of all time or did Brian Johnson elevate them to places they could never go with Bon? How would they have done with Garry Holton as their lead singer?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Feb-08, 22:28
Fleetwood Mac are a perfect example.

You have educated me tonight TBH.What I love about music is that ye mention the band members at the time.And most folk say oh aye.But Mr Peter Green was more of a band member to Fleetwood Mac than mac was himself.I agree with the youngsters on this thread though,I have been the major sinner.Someone start a thread on old bands and original members,bet we have a rare treat.:lol:

TBH
15-Feb-08, 22:50
You have educated me tonight TBH.What I love about music is that ye mention the band members at the time.And most folk say oh aye.But Mr Peter Green was more of a band member to Fleetwood Mac than mac was himself.I agree with the youngsters on this thread though,I have been the major sinner.Someone start a thread on old bands and original members,bet we have a rare treat.:lol:Peter Green was the founding member of The Mac. A talent which prompted BB King to state, "peter green has more talent in his little pinky than I have in my entire body". The Mac, Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Bob West, Lindsay Buckingham, a bit of an embarrassment of riches. This band was blessed with talent.

Jeid
15-Feb-08, 23:01
Yer not guilty.I've heard ye play,you are a good band.But to me in ma travels,yer no better than any local band I have heard.So go on Jeid,prove me wrong.Ye know what biy I hope you do.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Feb-08, 00:31

Wis the org crime mine?My ye are naive?What are ye wanting?Dae I remember the good ole days when the forum was full of humour in the general section,I do.A joke section was made.So go to it.Me,I've found ma own cosy living room.When I want to come on to the org its by me,only me.Admin is the guys who set up this site,moderators are who moderate.I am neither,I'm an orger,now and again,so deal with it.

Metalattakk
16-Feb-08, 01:03
If Bon Scott had lived would ac/dc still have become one of the greatest bands of all time or did Brian Johnson elevate them to places they could never go with Bon? How would they have done with Garry Holton as their lead singer?

When Bon died, AC/DC were already one of the greatest bands of all time. There is nowhere they could not have gone with him.

As for the Gary Holton suggestion? You're having a laugh, eh? Mentioning the two in the same paragraph is an insult, both to the memory of Bon Scott, and to the self-professed inadequacies of Mr Holton.

TBH
16-Feb-08, 01:57
When Bon died, AC/DC were already one of the greatest bands of all time. There is nowhere they could not have gone with him.

As for the Gary Holton suggestion? You're having a laugh, eh? Mentioning the two in the same paragraph is an insult, both to the memory of Bon Scott, and to the self-professed inadequacies of Mr Holton.As a fan of Bon Scott, Garry Holton would not have been my first choice as a replacement but he was still a front-runner for the position after Bon died, maybe a saving grace that Brian Johnson got the gig.

Metalattakk
16-Feb-08, 02:25
A saving grace would have been the band calling it quits, much as Led Zep did.

But fair dues to AC/DC and Brian Johnson. They turned a disaster into a fairly successful venture for them, and released some great records over a long, long time.

It's just, for me, they were never the same after Bon. They became a different animal, with a different ethos. The subtlety and raw dynamic overdriven blues-based power was lost in favour of I-V power-chords and screeching vocals.

Brian Johnson could not ever even contemplate singing 'Ride On', for instance.

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Feb-08, 19:08
A saving grace would have been the band calling it quits, much as Led Zep did.

But fair dues to AC/DC and Brian Johnson. They turned a disaster into a fairly successful venture for them, and released some great records over a long, long time.

It's just, for me, they were never the same after Bon. They became a different animal, with a different ethos. The subtlety and raw dynamic overdriven blues-based power was lost in favour of I-V power-chords and screeching vocals.

Brian Johnson could not ever even contemplate singing 'Ride On', for instance.

///////Agreed.

Jeid
24-Feb-08, 19:06
Had a great night on Friday, was pretty busy. Made some new friends on the way.

Cheers to bigkev for helping us out :)