PDA

View Full Version : Driving Test Question

Tweety
25-Jan-08, 10:48
I have my driving test soon and was just wondering what kinda theory questions the instructor asks you while in the car??

Thanks

northener
25-Jan-08, 10:57
Tweety,

I assume from this question you have not had any tuition from a Driving Instructor, If you have, then ask them.

You only get asked 2 questions off a set list.

You can download the questions off the DSA website or try your local bookshop.

This is no reflection on your driving ability, but I'm a bit concerned that you have your test coming up and you don't seem to know what's involved.

PM me if you need any more info.

young
25-Jan-08, 14:39
I have my driving test soon and was just wondering what kinda theory questions the instructor asks you while in the car??

Thanks
You are asked 2 questions before you drive of 1 will be a show me question were he asks you a question about the car and you have to show him and the other is a tell me question so whatever he asks you would have to tell him how something works for examle.

Valerie Campbell
25-Jan-08, 15:27
You are asked 2 questions before you drive of 1 will be a show me question were he asks you a question about the car and you have to show him and the other is a tell me question so whatever he asks you would have to tell him how something works for examle.

I passed my test in '87 and never had to know much about the mechanics of a car. I wasn't even asked about how to check oil, tyre pressures etc. It's good that nowadays that's changed. Could save a major headache in the future.

Tweety
25-Jan-08, 17:24
Thanks, have been up before but failed (not on the questions though). I was asked to show something under the bonnet and the minimum treadth of a tyre which I knew was 1.6.

Was just wondering what other questions im likely to be asked but think I have sussed it now!!!!!:Razz

Valerie Campbell
25-Jan-08, 17:51
Well, good luck when the time comes...Let us know how you get on.

percy toboggan
25-Jan-08, 18:58
On my first motorcycle test in 1993 I was asked 'where will you find textured paving' I had not a clue. I failed...but not because of that...I'd had a dreadful ride.

When I found out what 'textured paving' was I could have kicked myself.

Fortunately, I passed the test a month later.

ywindythesecond
25-Jan-08, 23:21
On my first motorcycle test in 1993 I was asked 'where will you find textured paving' I had not a clue. I failed...but not because of that...I'd had a dreadful ride.

When I found out what 'textured paving' was I could have kicked myself.

Fortunately, I passed the test a month later.

Go on, what is "textured paving"!

Thumper
25-Jan-08, 23:31
Go on, what is "textured paving"!

Thank god you asked.....I am dying to know ;) x