PDA

View Full Version : Missing toolbar in posting options?

buggyracer
24-Jan-08, 15:29
I have seen when another user posts they have a tool bar above there post box with different options and smileys, yet when i make a post i do not have any of these options?

i only noticed this through being present when another user was on line and making a post, any reason for this?

thanks in advance.

brokencross
24-Jan-08, 16:00
Don't know for sure, but you get a different screen layout if you use "POST REPLY" at top left of poster box as opposed to using the "Quick Reply" icon at the bottom right of posters box. If you see what I mean. OR it could be to do with the Vb code at bottom left of page, if you look at the FAQ for useage.

MadPict
24-Jan-08, 16:07
If you click on the "Go Advanced" button you will get further options such as the smiley listing etc.

buggyracer
24-Jan-08, 16:12
If you click on the "Go Advanced" button you will get further options such as the smiley listing etc.

sorry for being a pain but wheres the go advanced button?

robbie_roost
24-Jan-08, 16:26
Just wondering, how do you post a poll?? i seem unable to find the option...

canuck
24-Jan-08, 17:33
Just wondering, how do you post a poll?? i seem unable to find the option...

Ah, robbie_roost, you get that prize when you reach .orger status. It goes along with the avatar and smilie options and a free membership in the scorrie fan club. You certainly appear to have the time requirement well in hand. Now you need about 30 more posts. But do not do as I foolishly did and have a conversation with yourself and put up post after post. There is a technical term for doing that and it is not considered an acceptable way to become a .orger.

Good luck. If you get involved in a few org debates it won't take long before your numbers rise and you have access to the create a poll technology.

robbie_roost
24-Jan-08, 17:56
ok cheers for that, seems a bit unfare but im sure that there is a reason behind it!

MadPict
24-Jan-08, 20:45
sorry for being a pain but wheres the go advanced button?

Right next to the "Post Quick Reply" button when you post using the text entry box at the foot of the page.

If you opt to reply with the "Quote" button it automatically opens the 'advanced' text entry box.

buggyracer
24-Jan-08, 23:02
nope that doesnt work either :(, it states please choose one of the quick reply options?

MadPict
25-Jan-08, 00:02
Does this clear it up?

buggyracer
25-Jan-08, 00:36
Does this clear it up?

sorry madpict, no still not working :(

Bobinovich
25-Jan-08, 10:27
Have you checked in your User CP? Once in, if you go to Edit Options & scroll down to the bottom to the 'Message Editor Interface' section and change that to 'Enhanced Interface...' then click the Save Changes button adn see if that does the job for you.

buggyracer
25-Jan-08, 10:46
Have you checked in your User CP? Once in, if you go to Edit Options & scroll down to the bottom to the 'Message Editor Interface' section and change that to 'Enhanced Interface...' then click the Save Changes button adn see if that does the job for you.

Yay well done Bobonvich, you have cracked it!! :cool::cool:

Bobinovich
25-Jan-08, 10:57
Great. I'll close this thread now.