PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Inverness

highlander
24-Jan-08, 09:06
Monopoly are creating the first global game, you can vote for your favorite city to get them on the gameboard. Inverness is sitting at number 11. Follow the link i am giving you.
http://www.mfr.co.uk/Article.asp?id=555133

Baconbuttie
24-Jan-08, 18:41
I will not be voting, imagine the embarassment if we were allocated the equivalent of Old Kent Road. LOL

scotsboy
24-Jan-08, 18:48
I'll be voting for Glasgow.

highlander
24-Jan-08, 18:49
Dont see that being a problem, i always end up landing on Old Kent Road, will make a change to say, you have now landed in Inverness LOL

mccaugm
24-Jan-08, 23:06
As Thurso and Wick seem to be the centre of Caithness Universe.

Which one would you choose for monopoly? :lol:

As for a Scottish City - I love Edinburgh but they already have a monopoly set.

(I am neutral as I am from Ross-Shire and now live in Halkirk.)

miranda
24-Jan-08, 23:09
being a dirty dundonian gotta check if they are there but if not will try inverness but its eh brown squares im sure we are fighting for and they are the cheapies i think!!:confused

2little2late
25-Jan-08, 00:55
Why should we vote for Inverness? What have they ever done for Caithness?

TBH
25-Jan-08, 01:04
Why should we vote for Inverness? What have they ever done for Caithness?Quite right 2little2late.;)

golach
25-Jan-08, 01:44
Sorry Highlander I voted for Auld Reekie, already, but voted for Inversnekie, coz ye told me to [lol]

highlander
25-Jan-08, 08:29
Good question, why Inverness? just as it's the city of the Highlands.

lazytown
25-Jan-08, 09:59
We should all be voting for Edinbugh.
At the moment it is the only Scottish city in with a shout to make in the top 20 cities.

Inverness was sitting @ 13 on the wildcard leaderboard and I really cannot see it making it up to Number 1 or 2 on the wildcard board, but good luck to them.

Cattach
25-Jan-08, 10:43
Why should we vote for Inverness? What have they ever done for Caithness?

It is doing a huge amount of pleasure for those hundreds of Caithnessians who cross the border every weekend for a day or more in the Highland capitral! If it were that bad why do so many people head there on a regular basis - and it is not always for shopping.

northener
25-Jan-08, 10:50
I think that, in the best tradition of the Scots fighting amongst themselves (to the great amusement of their enemies), we should all refuse to vote for anything that implies agreement with anyone else in Scotland.

Me, I vote for the field on the left as you drive into Skitten from Lyth. - The one with sheep in.