PDA

View Full Version : help please

miranda
23-Jan-08, 22:23
anybody got any recipes for spicy meatballs fancy making something different for ma tea but it canna taste like mince cos i hate mince !!!:eek:

Thumper
23-Jan-08, 22:47
easy..just add some worchester sauce,paprika,chilli,and tomato paste then anything else you fancy ;) x

footie chick
23-Jan-08, 23:17
serves 3-4

MEATBALLS
500G minced pork
1 onion finely chopped
50g breadcrumbs
1tsp garlic in sunflower oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1 beaten egg
flour for rolling
oil for frying

TOMATO SAUCE
1 tsp oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp garlic in sunflowe oil
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp hot chilli in sunflower oil
150ml beef stock

Mix together pork, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper stir in beaten egg. on a floured surface roll into small balls. put on a plate and chill for 15mins approx.

Sauce: heat oil in pan add onion and cook until soft add garlic, tomatoes, chilli, stock season with salt and pepper bring to the boil then let simmer will you cook meatballs.
Cook meatballs in oil for about 5-6 mins each until browned drain and put in shallow ovendish pour sauce over and cook in 180oC oven for 15-20mins until bubbling. Lovely served with rice and oven chips

miranda
25-Jan-08, 01:13
gonna try some this weekend!! am not a big meat lover and eat very little need my nutrients from somewhere!!!!
thank you:)

miranda
27-Jan-08, 17:28
made meatballs at weekend using a bit of cumin,chilli,this that .smelt delicious then i ate it and ..yuck..still tasted like mince to me so looks like ill stick to being a 90% veggie although it went down well with the rest of the family so it wasnt my cooking!!! just my own fussiness!!:lol:

karia
28-Jan-08, 15:06
Hi Miranda,

You might get on better using a 'lighter' mince such as turkey or chicken.

I find them infinitely preferable to the heavier beef, lamb or pork when making meatballs or burgers.:D

miranda
28-Jan-08, 22:04
thanx karia will try that sometime soon i do eat the odd bit of chicken but hate dark meats :D

lesley_mac
28-Jan-08, 23:32
made meatballs at weekend using a bit of cumin,chilli,this that .smelt delicious then i ate it and ..yuck..still tasted like mince to me so looks like ill stick to being a 90% veggie although it went down well with the rest of the family so it wasnt my cooking!!! just my own fussiness!!:lol:go to google and type in vegetarian meatballs then 2nd one down (its soya mincemade using the same ingredients as the one you got before) i don,t no what it will taste like but i remember tasting soya mince when i was younger and it was compleatly different but nice ,good luck!

chaz
30-Jan-08, 09:45
Hi, iv got a recipie for meatloaf,its made into individual ones and is quite good,mince doesnt taste as like mince as it is blended with peppers etc.
If you want to try give me a shout:)

bluelady
09-Feb-08, 02:43
Hi heres a recipe that my neice created for Gordon Ramsays competition a while back and won one of his books. Ive put it on e org before

Chilli mince kebabs
Serves 2
Creator: Bobbikins
‘It’s quick easy and better for you than a doner kebab!’

Ingredients
125g mince steak
1/2tsp grated ginger
1/2fresh red chilli
2 shallots
1 garlic clove
1tbsp virgin olive oil
1tsp curry powder
1/2tsp turmeric
Satay sauce
2 chopped shallots
1tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1tsp harissa paste
Method Mix all the ingredients for kebabs together in a food processor until finely chopped and minced. Divide the mixture in portions and mould into sausage shape. Put onto a skewer and grill until cooked through. For the sauce, mix all ingredients together in heated pan until thickened. Pour over kebabs, and serve with rice.