PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck to Melvich Gaelic Choir

weeboyagee
14-Oct-05, 09:54
Well - it's that time of year - and they are off to the Royal National Mod next week representing Caithness and Sutherland. A years work and it is now or never. Can I say thanks for all the effort that they put into getting the performances ready. They are up against fluent speaking choirs and this year they boast maximum numbers on stage (with new members waiting in the wings - indeed some of them coming over to support). New members welcome when we get back but in the meantime - they're focused on doing the best they can for their home district - so good luck and please give them all your support!!!! They compete in the Puirt a beul competition on Thursday at 9am and then on Thursday again at 2pm in the Lorne Shield. You can follow all the results of all the competitions here www.the-mod.co.uk

Thanks everybody! :D

Rheghead
14-Oct-05, 11:37
Best of luck and bring back something that is hallmarked.

trinkie
14-Oct-05, 12:36
My very best wishes for a most successful Mod...
We are proud of you already !

SD

golach
14-Oct-05, 14:22
Melvich, I canna wait till ye knock the Jambos off their shaky perch, Ooops wrong compitition I thought you were playing in the CIS cup :lol:

weeboyagee
14-Oct-05, 22:18
Oh my sides are nearly splitting Golach - if Melvich were in the CIS cup I dare say that Rangers and Celtic would have a problem if they were up against them considering their current form and their MANAGER lol :lol:

squidge
14-Oct-05, 23:51
good luck and i am sure their hard work will pay dividends

Bill Fernie
15-Oct-05, 09:02
The choir has web site at http://www.melvichgaelicchoir.org.uk/
A couple of songs available but not very many photos.
Good Luck in the MOD folks. You will be up against my sister's choirs in Stornoway where she is a music teacher.

trinkie
15-Oct-05, 09:30
Good Luck to Bill's sister's choir too -
The more the merrier !

Long may this tradition last.
SD

weeboyagee
26-Oct-05, 10:01
Well, we are back!! Melvich came third in the Puirt a beul competition behind Taynult and Lochs Gaelic Choirs! This was a good result. They came a very creditable fourth in the Lorne Sheild. Thanks for all the good wishes. :)

They are now looking forward to their annual ceildh dance in the Royal British Legion on Saturday 26th November at 7.30pm. There will be the usual host of guest artists and lots of fun, raffle, tea etc.

Top of the bill will be another Gealic Choir from Argyll - Atomic Piseag ("Kitten") who took the Esme Smythe Trophy for Ladies Area Choirs on Friday and the trophy for the highest marks in Music also. They are featured (with their nutter of a conductor) in a documentary about them this Thursday on BBC2 at 6.30pm. Have a laugh and please....no hate mail when you have finished viewing thanks!!! :D

Just to say that our coming home was very much tinged with sadness to hear about a very good friend of the choir who was with us all of last years Mod in Perth and tragically died on the day of our competition - a great supporter and very close personal friend. I and the rest of the choir will dearly miss her. :~(

auldalto
26-Oct-05, 10:53
Yes,well, we are all back from the MOD and not say we had an absolutely brilliant time.

Our accommodation was second to none. We stayed with "guid Caithness fowkies" and they couldn't do enough for us. So,if anybody wants to stay in Stornoway,I can give you their address.You will be sure of a good welcome.