PDA

View Full Version : Dodge the wheelie bins again!

Tugmistress
23-Jan-08, 22:21
ok, sorry it is a wee bit late but the charts have changed so much over the last couple of days from severe to just a breeze and back again, tomorrow (friday) night could send more wheelie bins into roads/gardens/ditches for a short while with a chance of gusts up to 80mph from the west around the midnight mark.
Again with the wind in the this direction the east coast in most places will be more sheltered than the north and it will die down to sensible levels by the time most people are getting ready for work.
As i said at the beginning, the charts have been jumping around with this for a few days so it may not come to be at all, but 'fore warned is fore armed' and all that ;)

The neep also told me they have been forecasting snow for 'everyone' tomorrow ( i reckon a 50/50 chance personally), yes there is a chance and in the wind it could make being out driving in it 'interesting' but even if it does, don't count on it laying anywhere for any length of time, the ground is just too warm for it to stay around more than an hour or so (except where it drifts) so keep the sledges at bay for a while longer.

miranda
23-Jan-08, 22:27
aaaaaaaawwwwwwww i wis so looking forward to some snow!!!!!!!ach well if not now hopefully sometime soon :D

mums angels
23-Jan-08, 23:04
As always Tugs thank you for the warning , i've given up putting the wheelie bin anywhere but down the side of the house these days .LOL

miranda
23-Jan-08, 23:05
the wind is fairly pickin up now my coal bunker lid is giving it laldy!!!! will need to go put a pencil in it!!or kids will no sleep for it banging

Moira
23-Jan-08, 23:36
<snip> tomorrow (friday) night could send more wheelie bins into roads/gardens/ditches for a short while with a chance of gusts up to 80mph from the west around the midnight mark.<snip>

No apologies required Tugmistress - your weather forecasts have always been spot-on. You got me quite excited there by referring to tomorrow as Friday. Having re-read your post and checked my calendar, I guess we are looking at the Wheelie-Bin races commencing late tomorrow night (Thursday) going into Friday morning.

.....although the wind is actually gusting quite strongly here in Wick as I type.

My journey to Inverness & back today was exactly as you predicted :-

No frost - the temperature did not drop below 7C all day. Lots of rain which meant the road was dodgy in parts due to flooding, bad visibility and fog at the Ord of Caithness just after 8 am this morning.

The only thing you forgot to mention was that I would get stuck behind a lorry carrying logs for about 20 miles of the journey. :lol:

Seriously - thanks again Tuggs.

WeeBurd
23-Jan-08, 23:45
It's blowing a fair hoolie out here too, Moira. Sod the wheelie bin, even the dog doesn't want to go out for a piddle, lol! [lol]

sphinx
24-Jan-08, 00:58
i itz getting fairly windy now

Ash
24-Jan-08, 08:31
its snowing!!!

neepnipper
24-Jan-08, 10:36
Just had a heavy snow shower, sun trying to come out but very black sky towards the west.

cuddlepop
24-Jan-08, 21:05
Its awful over here just now.
Pouring with rain and blowing a hoolie.
Its that us for the night Tuggs?:eek:

Tugmistress
24-Jan-08, 21:32
Hi Cuddlepop,
when you start easing off it'll be us that gets it .... depending on how fast the system is moving you should lose the worst of of by about midnight ish and we'll be in the worst of it.

cuddlepop
24-Jan-08, 21:33
The power has been tripping so dont know how long I'll stay on line.
Not sure if this weather system is heading your way but its awful.:~(

cuddlepop
24-Jan-08, 21:35
Hi Cuddlepop,
when you start easing off it'll be us that gets it .... depending on how fast the system is moving you should lose the worst of of by about midnight ish and we'll be in the worst of it.
Thanks Tuggs.
You guys probably will see it as a slight breeze.:lol:

canuck
24-Jan-08, 22:09
It is getting right hoolie like down here now too.

hell raizer
24-Jan-08, 22:13
it's getting a bit course here, the wind is howling in the lum :eek:

catnip
24-Jan-08, 22:42
Aye it is getting pretty windy in Poultney again. Not bothered about the wheelie bins as they kept in safe place. It is the tiles on the roof that are concerning me!

mums angels
24-Jan-08, 22:51
Aye it is getting pretty windy in Poultney again. Not bothered about the wheelie bins as they kept in safe place. It is the tiles on the roof that are concerning me!

Aye its the tiles on the roof that worry me too , i'm sure that if it does get to 70 or 80 mph i will certainly be losing a tile or 38 :eek: and the lack of sleep that the wind gives me makes me very grumpy in the morning

Just started to rain here by sounds of it but the wind hasn't been making too much noise YET .
Was hoping that Tugs would give us good news and say that the charts had changed :(