PDA

View Full Version : Local sky engineer

Solus
23-Jan-08, 12:32
Anyone had dealings with the company up here that installs the sky ?

I have had two dates cancelled by them with the same excuse

" someone has gone sick " !!!

Its infuriating, and then they say

" we can come next week we dont know what day though " :eek:

sky are not interested and just reschedule, grrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

NickInTheNorth
23-Jan-08, 12:47

I have had two dates cancelled by them with the same excuse

" someone has gone sick " !!!

Its infuriating, and then they say

" we can come next week we dont know what day though "

sky are not interested and just reschedule, grrrrrrrrrrrr

So what are they supposed to do? Create another installer from fresh air? If an employee calls in sick they can't meet those appointments can they?

A little patience and understanding go a long way :D

Dog-eared
23-Jan-08, 12:55
There is a vomiting / diorrhea bug as well as a flu bug about just now..........

Metalattakk
23-Jan-08, 13:12

They do a great job. Nearly every morning it's right there where I expect it. I just have to look up to see it.

mccaugm
23-Jan-08, 13:37
So what are they supposed to do? Create another installer from fresh air? If an employee calls in sick they can't meet those appointments can they?

A little patience and understanding go a long way :D

I disagree...the contract is between Sky and the householder, Sky should organise another engineer, not reschedule. People cannot be expected to keep taking time out of the busy lives to wait around for an engineer to suit SKY. The customer is the priority. Just because they are such a big company they only exist because of their customers.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jan-08, 13:47
I disagree...the contract is between Sky and the householder, Sky should organise another engineer, not reschedule. People cannot be expected to keep taking time out of the busy lives to wait around for an engineer to suit SKY. The customer is the priority. Just because they are such a big company they only exist because of their customers.

And sky subcontract the work out to the "local company". Sky are quite happy to reschedule, that is not the issue. But they can only reschedule when there are engineers available.

The sky service here in Caithness is superb compared to some areas. In general appointments are made (and generally kept) within 2 weeks - usually one! In some bits of Argyll the wait is over 11 weeks!!!

Illness strikes all sorts of people at this time of year particularly, and businesses do not have lots of extra staff ined up just in case.

Solus
23-Jan-08, 16:27

two dates, both times same excuse ? then all of a sudden when i go into their shop the lad has made a immediate and full recovery ?

JimH
23-Jan-08, 16:38
We all know who the local contract is with, but if you call Alan at Alacam in Thurso (01847 896999) You WILL find them helpfull.

Twixy
23-Jan-08, 19:16
Think you will find that Alacam will probably charge double the price you would pay elsewhere.

mccaugm
23-Jan-08, 22:27
I suppose it depends how badly you want your sky system installed. If they (Alacam) provide the service is that not better value if a little more costly than having to wait in numerous times for a "sick engineer".. Taking time off work over and over will cost more money in the long run surely?

Gleber2
23-Jan-08, 22:58
The engineer in question, who is a friend of mine, has been ill and in pain over a fair period of time. When he is described as sick in previous posts, the inverted comma's are really uncalled for.

*Martin*
24-Jan-08, 11:52
We had ours installed just over a year ago by Chessor's (the young guy think it was Gavin?) He came sharp at 8am (I was still in my pit) and finished the job quite quick. He even refused a cup of tea because he didn't want to run late for his next appointment. You can't fault service like that :)

Solus
24-Jan-08, 20:35
If the shop calls me and say he is " sick" what other way can i word it.

What riled me was It happened twice, same excuse, you would have thought after the first time they would make sure it would not happen to the same people again ! then tell me it will be next week but not tell me what day ? thats an indeal situation.

the standard of work carried out was fine, the lad was polite and i am not disputing the guy may well have been ill but for the business to drop the same thing on the same people for a second time is not fair.

Gizmo
24-Jan-08, 20:42
Think you will find that Alacam will probably charge double the price you would pay elsewhere.

I had an Engineer (cough) from Alacam come to look at a plasma tv i was having sound problems with and he couldnt even figure out the on screen menu.

Jeid
24-Jan-08, 23:24
Jesus, get a grip... if it's such a bloody hassle, get up the ladder and fit it yourself.

If the boy is ill, then that's just tough. If you have a problem, speak to Sky.

Do you know for a fact that the boy wasn't ill? No.

ABC
25-Jan-08, 12:00
If the shop calls me and say he is " sick" what other way can i word it.

What riled me was It happened twice, same excuse, you would have thought after the first time they would make sure it would not happen to the same people again ! then tell me it will be next week but not tell me what day ? thats an indeal situation.

the standard of work carried out was fine, the lad was polite and i am not disputing the guy may well have been ill but for the business to drop the same thing on the same people for a second time is not fair.

So when the engineer phones his work to say he cannot come in they are supposed to say but you have to we cannot tell that customer the same excuse twice. Its pain to read that you have no experince in running a business. And how are they supposed to reschedule a date for you if they don't know when the engineer is coming back to work?