PDA

View Full Version : Phone call

coastown
23-Jan-08, 12:31
I received a weird call last night, It was a 0845 number, it was like a recording machine it spoke very fast, couldnt make out what was said, except for one word which was a four lettered swear word, can anyone shed any light on this or has anyone ever received a call like this and what was it.:mad:

Flair
23-Jan-08, 13:57
Yeah, I've gotten something like that before but I didn't take any interest in finding out what it was so I doubt I can tell you anything that you don't already know.

Chicky
23-Jan-08, 14:43
If it was your house phone it could be a text message thats been sent. This is usually an automated voice.

unicorn
23-Jan-08, 15:03
yeah sounds like a text sent to your landline, they are very strange :lol:

twiglet
23-Jan-08, 20:19
Agree, sounds like a text message to me too, they are very annoying.

Had a similar thing once telling me I had won a prize and to phone another number to claim but then that is a common con.

karia
23-Jan-08, 20:22
Agree, sounds like a text message to me too, they are very annoying. .

I sent one of these to my sister in law by mistake...If she didn't think I was barking mad before that..she does now.

Frightened the wits out of the poor girl!:roll:

northener
23-Jan-08, 20:25
If it was your house phone it could be a text message thats been sent. This is usually an automated voice.

Damn, I was convinced Daleks were trying to contact me by telephone.

karia
23-Jan-08, 20:34
Damn, I was convinced Daleks were trying to contact me by telephone.

Nah.. My sister in law could tell the difference and she talks to the Daleks regularly!;)

northener
23-Jan-08, 21:18
Hmmmm....Sis needs help, methinks.

I used to get a lot of texts as part of my job from the younger end in Wick. They always text with a Wick accent.......which makes for some very wierd messages from the voice text sevice!:eek:

karia
23-Jan-08, 21:31
Hmmmm....Sis needs help, methinks.:eek:.

It's us that need the help!:lol:

Donnie
24-Jan-08, 10:08
If it was a text message I think you can dial 1571 to listen to it again can you not?

starry
24-Jan-08, 10:35
I had one of these where the person had put kisses at the end of the message but when read out it just sounded like Sex Sex Sex rather than X X X.
It too me a long time and a lot of embarrassment to work that out :confused

northener
24-Jan-08, 10:39
I had one of these where the person had put kisses at the end of the message but when read out it just sounded like Sex Sex Sex rather than X X X.
It too me a long time and a lot of embarrassment to work that out :confused

Were you disappointed when you found out?

starry
24-Jan-08, 10:45
If you knew the sender you would understand my relief ;)