PDA

View Full Version : closing threads

router
23-Jan-08, 12:28
i do know how to close a thread,,,though seems some are quick to jump without looking...i am still a new member and dont have the luxury of closing my own threads....maybe the admin should sort this out or those who quick to jump should speak to admin since it seems to irk them so much ...........

Bobinovich
23-Jan-08, 14:38
I simply saw that the thread query had been answered and closed it. I'm sorry if you wanted to do this yourself but you were not on at the time so I just did it.

I'll leave this one for you to do!

Torvaig
23-Jan-08, 15:13
I have several times informed people that they can close their own thread when I see them posting for it's removal as I know admin and mods are hard pressed to cover everything. It certainly does not irk me; it is only holding out a helping hand to a newcomer or someone who doesn't know they can close a thread that they began.....:) and I will confess that I didn't know that newbies cannot do so; so thank you for that! ;)

Bobinovich
23-Jan-08, 17:12
Hmmm, maybe I read it wrong but I thought that this thread was started because someone other than the OP had already closed the thread. I'm not sure what options a New Member has.

Maybe router can clarify the situation.

router
23-Jan-08, 18:45
the only option i have are-show printable version,e-mail this page and subsrcibe to this thread...couple of times i have posted and been asked by someone to close the thread....last one i asked if thread could be closed on thread titled HD FORMAT...this is reply i got "
Yes that would be great if you could do that. All you need to do is go to "Thread Tools", and choose "Mark Thread Resolved"
So in future if i post a thread i will just leave it as i CANT CLOSE IT....
So maybe in future people like me mr 19 should read and think before sticking their pennies worth in..............................I have nothing but respect for your knowledge Bobinovich and it wasnt directed at you...

Bobinovich
23-Jan-08, 19:23
Thank you for clarifying that router, it is entirely possible that Mr_Me19 was also not aware of the options available to New Members and was simply notifying you how to do so.

Until such a time as you receive your Orger title, a thread can be requested to be closed simply by reporting it using the red triangle with black exclamation mark. The first available Moderator/Admin will then close the thread on your behalf.

If you are happy that this thread is complete then please feel free to do the above.

Mr_Me19
23-Jan-08, 19:36
No I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't sticking "my pennies worth in". I was just trying to help other members. If they are browsing the forum looking for people to help, they can see a thread has been closed and skip straight past it, knowing that the issue has been resolved.

Perhaps next time new members need help I shouldn't stick "my pennies worth in" then? I don't see what the problem is? I was nice in my reply? Can anyone else tell me what is wrong with the reply I gave?

"Yes that would be great if you could do that. All you need to do is go to "Thread Tools", and choose "Mark Thread Resolved""

justine
23-Jan-08, 20:22
No I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't sticking "my pennies worth in". I was just trying to help other members. If they are browsing the forum looking for people to help, they can see a thread has been closed and skip straight past it, knowing that the issue has been resolved.

Perhaps next time new members need help I shouldn't stick "my pennies worth in" then? I don't see what the problem is? I was nice in my reply? Can anyone else tell me what is wrong with the reply I gave?

"Yes that would be great if you could do that. All you need to do is go to "Thread Tools", and choose "Mark Thread Resolved""

I have been reading this and i think what router is saying that people keep coming in and telling him to close the threads he has started,he has obviously been trying to do this and cant as he has no way of doing...Most members that are new dont realise that there are limitations with what they can do until they become an orger. ARE THERE ANY RULES ON THIS IN THE ORG RULE PAGE.will have to go take a look.I did not notice this when i read them...

Mr_Me19
23-Jan-08, 21:34
Unfortunately not.... I was the only one to have said it and so this is aimed at me.... :(