PDA

View Full Version : 14

DeHaviLand
22-Jan-08, 23:06
This is my old lass, who will be 14 tomorrow. Her name is Pep. The pic was taken last weekend, when I took her out to the local shoot for her last ever shoot day. She hates having her photo taken, and always looks away when the camera comes out. Despite this she enjoyed her day out, and even managed to get one final retrieve. This will be the third time I've retired her, and it will surely be the last.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Cononfisher/Pepshoot1.jpg

trix
22-Jan-08, 23:16
ach, she's lovely....happy birthday pep :D

Thumper
22-Jan-08, 23:21
What a cutie!Happy birthday Pep! x

buggyracer
22-Jan-08, 23:26
This is my old lass, who will be 14 tomorrow. Her name is Pep. The pic was taken last weekend, when I took her out to the local shoot for her last ever shoot day. She hates having her photo taken, and always looks away when the camera comes out. Despite this she enjoyed her day out, and even managed to get one final retrieve. This will be the third time I've retired her, and it will surely be the last.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Cononfisher/Pepshoot1.jpg

by the sounds of it shes had more of a life than most dogs doing what she was bred for :)

Torvaig
22-Jan-08, 23:27
Beautiful dog even if she is camera shy, my springer is the same; he tries to hide whenever he sees the camera coming out! He's actually frightened of the noise it makes; big softie that he is....and yet a jet can pass low above his head and he doesn't flinch! :lol:

Liz
22-Jan-08, 23:36
Happy Birthday Pep and Happy Retirement!:D

DeHaviLand
22-Jan-08, 23:39
by the sounds of it shes had more of a life than most dogs doing what she was bred for :)

Aye, she has worked since she was 10 months old. Barely needed any training. The fact that she came from a long line of FTCH's meant that most of it came very naturally to her. I would pay a lot of money to have another one like her.

Thumper
22-Jan-08, 23:45
I have a cocker, which is supposedly a gundog....problem is she is terrified of guns :eek: even a toy one has her running for cover [lol] x

DeHaviLand
22-Jan-08, 23:53
I have a cocker, which is supposedly a gundog....problem is she is terrified of guns :eek: even a toy one has her running for cover [lol] x

I have one of Peps daughters who is terrified too. In fact she was scared of everything, which is the only reason I have her. When prospective buyers came to see the litter, she hid behind me. I took her to agility classes and she found her true niche there, and became a very confident dog after that. She would still prefer not to hear too much shooting though.

WeeBurd
23-Jan-08, 00:21
She's a fine looking wifie, DeHaviLand, and by the sounds of things, she's had fun with you! :D

Lolabelle
23-Jan-08, 12:31
Pep looks like a happy girl, even if she doesn't like having the papparazi after her, being a famous .org celeb and all. :D

carasmam
23-Jan-08, 13:41
Happy Birthday :D Enjoy your retirement Pep

jean
23-Jan-08, 18:53
happy retirement pep. what a happy life you have had doing what you like best. xx jean.

cuddlepop
23-Jan-08, 19:36
happy retirement Pep,what you going to do with all that free time now.:lol:

justine
23-Jan-08, 19:51
Happy retirement,,Now its time too putt all fours up on the sofa and make mum and dad do the rest......Happy 98th birthday pep.

Phoenix200416
23-Jan-08, 20:19
Happy birthday and happy retirement! Sure look like you've had a great life. :D

crofter
23-Jan-08, 22:51
Happy Birthday to Pep. Hope you baked her a cake!

Fran
24-Jan-08, 01:43
What a beautiful dog. Funny how they get grey with age like humans do!!