PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

highlander
22-Jan-08, 12:59
Gawd is it just me that is finding it so cold, feels more like -20, i think the next plan is a hot water bottle strapped on to me lol, did anyone else see the fantastic sky this morning, is this a warning bad weather on the way? Over to you Tuggs. LOL

Thumper
22-Jan-08, 13:08
I am freezing too!Dragged out the gas fire(havent done that for 3 years!) but had to switch it off again cos I started to feel woozy and sick :eek: think leaving it lying may have caused a leak....better safe than sorry..even if I do freeze! x

Ash
22-Jan-08, 13:16
back from getting wee one from nursery, sooo cold!

Bobinovich
22-Jan-08, 13:23
...and it's not just you gals either! I just went inside to put on a thicker jumper but still can't warm up. Can't even find a shivering smilie to add to my post either!

Anne x
22-Jan-08, 13:26
It is so cold here today everything covered in frost and no sunshine !!
have turned heating up again ! ah well maybe time for some inner warmth

cuddlepop
22-Jan-08, 13:44
I think its the wind over here thats making it so cold.last night there was a frost and this morning its raining.Cant see the tops of the cuillins to see if more snow has fallen.
certainly feels cold eneogh.:eek:

coastown
22-Jan-08, 14:12
Just been hanging out the washing, hands a blue colour nose a shade of red freezing, :~(

Lolabelle
22-Jan-08, 18:41
Just been hanging out the washing, hands a blue colour nose a shade of red freezing, :~(

How long does it take to get the washing dry when it's that cold???
From Aus, you see, we don't get so cold. Mind you the weather has been pretty yucky for summer, raining for weeks. The sun put in an appearance late yesterday, and for my washings sake I hope he pops back in today. :cool:

Thumper
22-Jan-08, 18:45
How long does it take to get the washing dry when it's that cold???
From Aus, you see, we don't get so cold. Mind you the weather has been pretty yucky for summer, raining for weeks. The sun put in an appearance late yesterday, and for my washings sake I hope he pops back in today.

Lola,it usually goes stiff before it gets dry :eek: frozen stiff I mean!I have been able to take jeans off the line that were like surf boards!:lol:x

Lolabelle
22-Jan-08, 18:51
Lola,it usually goes stiff before it gets dry :eek: frozen stiff I mean!I have been able to take jeans off the line that were like surf boards!:lol:x

Then what Thumper????
Do you still have to dry them when they defrost?
I can tell you now, I am only coming over in summer! I hate being cold.

cuddlepop
22-Jan-08, 18:53
Then what Thumper????
Do you still have to dry them when they defrost?
I can tell you now, I am only coming over in summer! I hate being cold.
A word of warning our summer's like your winter.:lol:

Thumper
22-Jan-08, 18:54
Yes you still have to dry them after they defrost,or as they defrost lol!If you dont like the cold Lola you better definately leave it until the summer.....at least they get a bit warmer :eek: x

Lolabelle
22-Jan-08, 18:59
A word of warning our summer's like your winter.:lol:
BBBbbbrrrrrrr, I'm freezing now and it's only 19 degrees!

Yes you still have to dry them after they defrost,or as they defrost lol!If you dont like the cold Lola you better definately leave it until the summer.....at least they get a bit warmer :eek: x

And I will take my washing home when I come over! One thing I suppose, I can still just bring my winter clothes, as I will leave our winter for your summer. Easy!

unicorn
22-Jan-08, 19:01
our best spell of good weather was April last year, so lord knows when the best time would be for you to come lola.

Lolabelle
22-Jan-08, 19:05
our best spell of good weather was April last year, so lord knows when the best time would be for you to come lola.

I never have needed much of an excuse to go shopping, so not having appropriate clothes will be a good enough reason to drag Dave through all the famous UK boutiques. LOL!

Shhhhhh, don't tell Dave I said that.... [para]

unicorn
22-Jan-08, 19:08
good luck with that in Caithness :lol: