PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Boy
21-Jan-08, 19:02
Does anyone have a phone number for the bt broadband internet helpdesk in the UK
The only one i have puts me directly through to the call centre in India, which is a major pain in the posteria as i dont understand them and they dont understand me and i am about to pull out what little hair i have left:mad:
so if anyone can help thanks in advance.

Thumper
21-Jan-08, 19:16
tech support number I have is 08456007030...dontknow if thats any help to you? x

Billy Boy
21-Jan-08, 19:30
Thanks Thumper, but unfortunatley thats the number i have been calling:~(

bekisman
21-Jan-08, 19:40
Could try this?

'08456023741 option 3, then option 1, UK Based call center helpline for bt total broadband...I NEVER GAVE YOU THIS NUMBER RITE!!!!!!!!. Please dont ask where i got it from, but it was amazing speaking to somebody that wasnt a robot and understood what i was saying. Bliss. If they ask, you got it from 151 as you werent willing to speak to overseas center'

bekisman
21-Jan-08, 19:42
Bit more:
'was told by the BT customer retention office two days ago, after banging my head against a brick wall for days, that if you are connected to Bombay Telecom technical support, ask to be put through to the UK help desk.

They are obliged to connect you.

(and yes, you do get someone with an English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh accent). '

lasher
21-Jan-08, 19:44
Try 08003281605

superted
21-Jan-08, 20:00
Try searching on this site....There a few to try and not as expensive as 0845 numbers....

Billy Boy
21-Jan-08, 20:31
what site is that lol?

superted
21-Jan-08, 20:51
http://saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

lol sorry

Venture
22-Jan-08, 00:30
I have always dreaded being connected to the centre in India when Ive had a problem but I have to say on New Years Eve I called about a problem I had trying to get a wireless connection set up to my laptop.

This guy came on and was so helpful and friendly. Fair enough he had a broad Indian accent but he spoke slow clear English. I always get in a fluster when they relay instructions to me as I am not technically minded when it comes to computers as well as being in the over the hill bracket, but this guy took over control of my laptop and set the whole thing up for me. I just sat and watched until he had finished. It made the whole process very easy and quicker for me and him Im sure.

JAWS
22-Jan-08, 03:00
The main problem with most call centres is that they probably know little more than you about what you are asking. They are taught about a few "tricks" and given a "Script". If your query does not conform to that script they are completely lost. Add to that any language/accent difficulties and you will soon see why you are on a loser.
It's not really the fault of the person you are speaking to but due to businesses who save money by not employing qualified people to answer your calls.
What is even more infuriating is that they then try to make you believe that it as all for your own benefit! [disgust]

badger
23-Jan-08, 16:27
For the benefit of anyone else on Lyth exchange who has been tearing their hair for the past week, the problem has been escalated to the top and they are supposed to be dealing with it. Please note - supposed :roll:

May I suggest you claim the cost of calls to BT plus rebate on rental for the lack of service and anything else you can think of. When I was battling BT a while ago over my broadband I managed quite a few refunds. Maybe if they get enough complaints someone will start to take notice. One problem always seems to be that the broadband side have no idea what is happening on the ground and the engineers won't talk about broadband. Comes of splitting into different companies I suppose. I was even told they are not allowed to talk to each other - crazy.

bop
23-Jan-08, 16:44
you could try 08456037913

bekisman
23-Jan-08, 17:29
Billy boy

Did any of these numbers work?

Billy Boy
23-Jan-08, 19:24
Hi bekisman, unfortunatley the number you gave me is no longer in use:~(

bekisman
23-Jan-08, 19:49
Sorry about that, but did anyone's number work?

Billy Boy
23-Jan-08, 20:16
the only numbers i got through on were 08456007030 & 08001690199 both go through to same centre.
I did have another number somewhere but it was charged at 50p per min and as they said " the call will only last a maximum of 25 mins" so i wont repeat my answer on here to that.