PDA

View Full Version : Blue Monday

karia
21-Jan-08, 14:06
Hi Folks,

Today is officially the most depressing day of the year!

Weather, debts and the realisation that this year isn't going to be the one where you quit smoking or stick to that diet ...it all kicks in today according to a lecturer from Cardiff University.

So...how are you feeling?

:( or :D

anneoctober
21-Jan-08, 14:09
Thanks for that info karia, now I can tell OH why he's depressed today and why he has to be kept AWAY from the customers...........:eek::confused

TBH
21-Jan-08, 14:11
Hi Folks,

Weather, debts and the realisation that this year isn't going to be the one where you quit smoking or stick to that diet ...it all kicks in today according to a lecturer from Cardiff University.

:( or I am feeling fantastic so they can take their blue monday and shove it and stop trying to depress people.[lol]

paris
21-Jan-08, 14:43
Same here TBH im feeling really good , dont know if it will last all day though. jan x

karia
21-Jan-08, 14:51
Looks like they didn't reckon on the cheering factor of the Org!;)

Silly Scientists!:lol:

marylund2323
21-Jan-08, 14:54
Nope not feeling too bad at all.....theres still plenty of year left to quit smoking:)

cuddlepop
21-Jan-08, 14:56
Dont feel to bad today mood wise.
Only thing annoying me is having to stay in for a return call and its a beautiful day.:mad:

TBH
21-Jan-08, 14:58
Looks like they didn't reckon on the cheering factor of the Org!

Silly Scientists!:lol:And those silly scientists get paid a lot of money for spouting their rubbish. The best piece of research I have heard of is the rich tea debate. what is the best consistency for a rich tea to stop it falling into your coffee when it is being dipped.[lol]

karia
21-Jan-08, 15:00
Dont feel to bad today mood wise.
Only thing annoying me is having to stay in for a return call and its a beautiful day.:mad:

Can't say the same for Central Scotland cuddlepop...it's raining here.

Which is pretty much what it's done for the past 6 weeks!:(

newpark
21-Jan-08, 15:00
every day of Jan is depressing lol. Roll on the lighter nights.

Angela
21-Jan-08, 15:01
Feeling quite cheerful overall :) but it's very dark and gloomy here....and the wind and rain have driven me back indoors for the rest of the day.:(

Flair
21-Jan-08, 15:05
...................:(

justine
21-Jan-08, 15:07
tired, gloomy, miserable,:( but that was before the kids went off to school.:D Feel much better now, until atleast 3.10pm....no i feel quite cheerful..

Anne x
21-Jan-08, 15:10
Blue Monday !! Fine here today very upbeat no rain either dry and cold though have never seen so many geese flying over the house today dont know if thats good or bad !! or where they are heading but some noise . anybody any Ideas ?

trix
21-Jan-08, 15:27
Hi Folks,

hi Ak

am feelin great aday....:D no monday blues for me

got 'e day off work so hed a long lie (half 12) til be woken up til ma pal at 'e door wi 2 cream buns fie 'e best cream bun shop in 'e highlands (harry gows - brora) an a btl o wine (il keep at til later tho)

now ma boug is fill, am gona put sum sounds on an bop aboot as i do ma hoosework...still in ma jamys...

life is guid Ak, ma previous promblem seems til hev disappeared....! oh the difference a kip can make ;)

coppertop 1958
21-Jan-08, 15:47
Blue Monday i think its happy monday had a very long liein 12:20 had my scottish breakfast 3 cups off tea and 5 fags

Ash
21-Jan-08, 15:53
bills bills bills :(

teddybear1873
21-Jan-08, 15:54
Think i will watch a Blue movie later.

karia
21-Jan-08, 16:31

well that comment seems to have 'done for' the thread!:lol:

Angela
21-Jan-08, 16:36

Hmmm....."Blue Velvet"?....."Betty Blue"?..... or was that not quite what you had in mind? :eek: :lol:

mccaugm
21-Jan-08, 16:53
Today has lost its gloominess...I passed my stats exam...was totally dreading it..hence my blue day. Now it has shades of positive pink...LOL!

Incidentally why is it called a blue day?

karia
21-Jan-08, 17:09
Today has lost its gloominess...I passed my stats exam...was totally dreading it..hence my blue day. Now it has shades of positive pink...LOL!

Incidentally why is it called a blue day?

Congratulations!:D

The use of the word 'blue' seems to derive from the term 'Blue Devils' which was used to denote sadness and depression as early as the 1700's.

percy toboggan
21-Jan-08, 18:50
Soaked to the skin by ten am, and stayed that way for most of the day
Soggy mid-winter long john's clinging to me legs, despite so called waterproofs

Blue monday indeed. Then the silver lining - I snapped up a 'cat-carrier' type box for a tenth of what I was expecting to pay. It's an ill wind.......but we'll probably have those later in the week.

I need a sunshine infusion.

catnip
21-Jan-08, 19:09
Was hard to get out of bed today, just wanted to stay there and have been so tired all day. I hate this month, there is nothing happening and I need something to look forward to.

Margaret M.
21-Jan-08, 19:21
Way to go, Mccaugm, I bet it feels wonderful to have the exams behind you.

The day started at minus 10 degrees and it's not going to get much above freezing today but it's dry, sunny and quite lovely. The blues don't visit me much, thankfully -- I think frequent sunshine helps a lot. Life is good.

Andrew C
21-Jan-08, 20:03
If it wasn't for this Wick sickness bug thing I'd be on top of the world!

yours, thankful for Immodium,

Andrew

helenwyler
21-Jan-08, 20:18
It's been a wretched day here weatherwise:(.

But I've had my Burns address to finish, two great kids to teach....and I'm shortly off to yoga to do a few sun salutations on a dark, wet, windy night:). A good day for me!

Yoda the flump
21-Jan-08, 20:26
Good tune that.