PDA

View Full Version : local bands available for hire

kanenka
21-Jan-08, 13:23
hi there, does anyone know where to find out of local bands for hire for a wedding dance, any recommendtions!! :D

TBH
21-Jan-08, 13:35
hi there, does anyone know where to find out of local bands for hire for a wedding dance, any recommendtions!! :DI would recommend the band remix, great for weddings, birthdays, whatever.:)

Thumper
21-Jan-08, 13:55
KW1 are fantastic as are Half canned x

TBH
21-Jan-08, 13:57
KW1 are fantastic as are Half canned xHalf canned cannae sing for toffee and kw1 could do with getting a decent guitarist.:p

Wellies
21-Jan-08, 14:07
Whisky are fantastic for a wedding dance.

riggerboy
21-Jan-08, 14:55
I would recommend the band remix,we had them and they are very good,

chamb
21-Jan-08, 15:34
I would realy reccomend Manson Grand and the Dynamos, we had them for our wedding nearly 2 years ago and they get people on the floor no problem. They play a mixture and its all stuff you can dance to. They were £500 then, not sure about now?

WeeBurd
21-Jan-08, 16:09
I was at a wedding dance last year, and Whisky had us all up dancing, they were superb.

Wish I'd had them at my wedding way back then... ;)!

scotsman1
21-Jan-08, 17:40
hi there, does anyone know where to find out of local bands for hire for a wedding dance, any recommendtions!! :D

Whisky or Manson Grant are both very good for wedding dances. There is also the Jacks from Golspie, but they might be a wee bit more expensive as they have to travel further.

henry20
23-Jan-08, 11:12
I'd recommend Whisky. They played at my wedding - not that I remember much about it ;) Seriously though, my Dad wouldn't let me book anyone else and a good night was had by all. Been at a couple of other events since then and they always get people up dancing!!

nikki
24-Jan-08, 13:29
Whisky are brilliant for weddings, I've worked as a waitress at alot of weddings now and they seem to be a popular choice, always get people up and dancing, great mix of music.

sammysalim
24-Jan-08, 15:56
Half canned cannae sing for toffee and kw1 could do with getting a decent guitarist.:p

I think kw1 are awesome & the guitarist is bang on, Whenever they are playing i try to make the gig as it's always a pleasure to hear them.:Razz

TBH
24-Jan-08, 16:09
I think kw1 are awesome & the guitarist is bang on, Whenever they are playing i try to make the gig as it's always a pleasure to hear them.:RazzThe guitarist could seriously do with some lessons, his timing is atrocious, he may be bang on when he catches up but apart from that pretty average to say the least.