PDA

View Full Version : best way

sweetpea
20-Jan-08, 11:26
to learn drums..
I've been thinking about trying to play drums for a while and wondered if anyone can tell me what sort of kit I'd need to start off. I've got some musical ability. Don't want to buy anything fancy yet. Any tips appreciated..
Can see myself as the next Meg White, lol:)

Jeemag_USA
21-Jan-08, 00:46
to learn drums..
I've been thinking about trying to play drums for a while and wondered if anyone can tell me what sort of kit I'd need to start off. I've got some musical ability. Don't want to buy anything fancy yet. Any tips appreciated..
Can see myself as the next Meg White, lol:)

I would buy a cheap 5 piece kit of some generica make to make sure its something you really want to do before buying anything expensive, or buy a decent kit second hand. You cna start to learn the drums with just a snare, bass drum, hi hat and crash cymbal. But usually kits are sold with three toms as well, which is more fun and probably what you want to start with.

You should be able to pick somehting up aound 300 pound to get started on.

You could always ask people on here to see if they have any spares or old kits and make a kit up from various people to practice on.

theboysintheband
21-Jan-08, 20:44
A Pearl Export is a pretty good start.I think their pretty fairly priced and their damn good quality.

Rosco P
24-Jan-08, 19:01
I'm looking to sell an old kit of mine at the moment. Its a Pearl ELX in a cobalt fade finish, but im not selling any cymbals or stands with it, just the drums for £180 if anyone's interested.

the_big_mac
25-Jan-08, 13:27
I'm looking to sell an old kit of mine at the moment. Its a Pearl ELX in a cobalt fade finish, but im not selling any cymbals or stands with it, just the drums for £180 if anyone's interested.

I'll do you a swap for a Arbiter Flats kit with hardware, mesh and standard heads and cymbals if you fancy?

Rosco P
25-Jan-08, 18:58
Think i'll have to pass on the offer Ryan, trying to sell the kit off to give myself a bit more room to get the rest of my gear in. Cheers tho lad.