PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Karen Aim

orkneylass
19-Jan-08, 11:39
Just to say my thoughts are so much with the family and friends of Karen Aim. In a small place like this when something awful happens, in this case the murder of a 26 year old girl travelling and working in New Zealand, everyone is touched. Her father is a well known local builder and my son was at school with her brother. However, looking at the news coverage I knew that I had seen her at some point.

Last night I was out with a friend, enjoying a drink at the Shore, when I was reminded that Karen had worked there and then she came as a clear picture to me. Beautiful and serene, but above all, with a smile that made you feel she should get double wages for, it was so lovely as a customer.

I felt so sad all over again.

unicorn
19-Jan-08, 14:44
My heart goes out to her family and all who knew her and I hope her killer is found soon.

mccaugm
19-Jan-08, 14:51
This is a horrible thing to happen and like the previous "posters" I also feel for the family.

hell raizer
19-Jan-08, 17:49
such a waste of a lovely looking lassie, i hope they find her killer soon. my thoughts are with the family

braalterr903
19-Jan-08, 18:04
This So Sad I Hope The Get Who Dd This To This Girl Thoughts With Her Family.

nanoo
19-Jan-08, 18:36
It's so sad to read of this lassies untimely demise, what a waste. My thoughts like everyone elses are with her family. May God Comfort them.

anneoctober
19-Jan-08, 21:37
Parents should never have to bury their children and this is a tragic case of a young life cruelly taken. Her family will never get over this horror. We wish them peace , serenity and dignity as they deal with the days, months and years to come. Anne xxx

Poppy_88
19-Jan-08, 21:52
I travelled New Zealand 2 years ago and always felt 100% safe, even walking home after a night out. Perhaps in hindsight this was naive, but New Zealand is widely considered a laid-back, chilled out country. This tragic tale just proves there are wicked, un-comprehendable evil people everywhere.

With all the hope in the world, her killer will be brought to justice soon. It will be the only grain of comfort to her poor parents at a time like this.

R.I.P Karen

Caroline

XXX

scorrie
19-Jan-08, 23:18
A tragic tale of evil leading to the terrible waste of a young life. Her family will be devastated.

If the killer is caught, s/he will no doubt be given a fair trial. If found guilty they will spend a long time in prison.

The part I can not understand is those who will come forward and say that it is NOT the killer's fault. Parents may be blamed, society will almost certainly be blamed. A scapegoat WILL be found, whatever lame excuse is necessary will be dredged up. Anything will suffice, except for the notion that the killer was simply an evil person by nature. THEIR rights will be exercised as a matter of law, Karen's right to live and breath has been cut short by an act of utter brutality.

Justice?

There can never be justice for poor Karen.

orkneylass
20-Jan-08, 12:28
My main hope is that the killer(s) are brought to justice both to protect other young women and to give some explanation and closure to Karen's family. The only thing I can imagine at the moment is that she confronted the people vandalising the school, who may have been high on drink or drugs, and they attacked her. I do hope we get an answer to such a senseless crime.

Ash
20-Jan-08, 12:34
such a sad story!

rip xxx:~(