PDA

View Full Version : ????? Cook

bluelady
19-Jan-08, 00:42
Came across this tonight, what would you say to him? :D

YouTube - Prank Call to a Nursing Home (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EAeycsFfUNo&feature=related)

DeHaviLand
19-Jan-08, 00:53
This must be the unfunniest prank call ever. Its hardly in Hector Brocklebanks league :(

Lolabelle
19-Jan-08, 00:56
I would be constantly saying
"I beg your pardon"
"Sorry, I can't understand you"

I couldn't understand a word he said.... :eek:

bluelady
19-Jan-08, 00:58
didnt put it there because it was funny, wanted to know what you would say and still remain professional if you recieved a prank call!!

anneoctober
19-Jan-08, 01:25
My usual response is "I'm sorry, but this a garage and as such we have no requirement for a new kitchen/double glazing/ swimming pool, thank you for your call and please remove us from your call list" [lol]

Valerie Campbell
19-Jan-08, 12:30
The staff at the nursing home handled it well, don't you think? I've no idea what I'd say to him.

Lolabelle
19-Jan-08, 12:33
I still don't know what he was saying. Can anyone enlighten me??? I can't understand the accent

bluelady
19-Jan-08, 12:43
I still don't know what he was saying. Can anyone enlighten me??? I can't understand the accent

he is saying he wants the cooks job and when can he start. He say's it was advertised in the paper. Then he say's what meat do I cook and do you want your puddings mashed. When can I start. He asks where it is then asks where that, and then just repeats himself. The home is a genuine nursing home in Inverness, I looked it up.
I would have an idea it was a wind up if it happened to me, but then I would wonder who is recording it etc.