PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dog, Wick

daisyc01
17-Jan-08, 22:05
http://http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7997/pict0375ln2.th.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0375ln2.jpg)

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen my dog??? Her name is Socks, she is a little black/grey dog (looks like a terrier) with four white paws and a white end on her tail. She is 16 years old and went missing last night from Henrietta Street around 8.30pm.

Any information would be very much appreciated as we are worried sick as she is so old and is going deaf with not much road sense. PLEASE phone 01955 603554

neepnipper
17-Jan-08, 22:41
Hope you find your dog, you must be sick with worry, will ask hubbie to keep a look out as he's working around that area tomorrow.

carasmam
17-Jan-08, 23:05
I'll keep a look out too. Keep us updated

coastown
17-Jan-08, 23:20
I know socks, i will keep a look out for her , hope you find her.

daisyc01
18-Jan-08, 00:17
Thanks, forgot to say if people could look in their garden, shed or garages that would be great.

The worst thing is the not knowing.

cuddlepop
18-Jan-08, 10:27
Any news this morning Daisy?
I'm sure you'll find her soon.

Phoenix200416
18-Jan-08, 10:36
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen my dog??? Her name is Socks, she is a little black/grey dog (looks like a terrier) with four white paws and a white end on her tail. She is 16 years old and went missing last night from Henrietta Street around 8.30pm.

Any information would be very much appreciated as we are worried sick as she is so old and is going deaf with not much road sense. PLEASE phone 01955 603554

Hi there I live around that area so if I see her I will be sure to give you a ring. Hope you find her soon!

Any new news this morning?

Liz
18-Jan-08, 13:16
Oh I am so sorry that Socks is missing!
I really, really hope you find her soon.

daisyc01
18-Jan-08, 14:36
Still no news on Socks :( seems as if she is varnished of the face of the earth. we are still hoping that she will be found. Fingers crossed

Hibeechick
18-Jan-08, 16:03
Poor Socks. :(

Im around that area aswell so will keep an eye open.

Hope you find her!

cuddlepop
18-Jan-08, 16:05
could someone have taken her in thinking she's a stray?
She sounds too old just too have wandered off.

We took in a collie a few years back and had her for a day or two before the police were aware of a missing dog.have you informed them?

Fran
18-Jan-08, 16:24
Are you the top or bottom end of Henrietta Stree? I live near there and will keep looking out.hope you get her home soon. good luck.

daisyc01
18-Jan-08, 17:45
We are at the top end of Henrietta street. She has never wandered off before so we are still hopeful that she is maybe shut in someones garage/shed.

We contacted the police and they said four dogs had gone missing the same night.

unicorn
18-Jan-08, 17:47
You must be beside yourself with worry for her, I really hope you get her back soon.

danc1ngwitch
18-Jan-08, 17:48
hope all is well and it turns out that the wee thing comes home. ( a pet is one of the family )

Phoenix200416
18-Jan-08, 19:48
We contacted the police and they said four dogs had gone missing the same night.

I do hope that she turns up safe and sound. Understand what you are going through. :(

carasmam
18-Jan-08, 20:25
I always think no news is good news, so keep your chin up.
Would she cry or scrape if she were shut in somewhere? I know you say she is deaf, so probably shouting her name wont help, but if she got the scent of another dog would she make her presence known?

I have been on the lookout all day and can only imagine how you feel :(

daisyc01
18-Jan-08, 21:48
Still no news on socks :( she's a laid back dog and would maybe whine if shut in somewhere but never really barks.

KCI
18-Jan-08, 21:55
so sorry to hear that Socks hasn't been found yet.

We are in Willowbank, but I walk up and down Henrietta Street a few times every day. We have been keeping an eye out, and my Husband has been looking while he is driving around.

Haven't seen Socks yet, but keeping our fingers crossed.

Have you put posters up anywhere? Not everyone has internet access, so maybe posters would help.
Have you called the Dog Warden to see if they have heard or seen anything?
Have you called the vet's, in case they have heard anything?
Have you tried knocking on doors to ask people to check their sheds/garages etc?

Sorry, I know you have probably tried all of this already. I know how hard it is when your pet goes missing, so really hope you find Socks.

cuddlepop
18-Jan-08, 22:10
We are at the top end of Henrietta street. She has never wandered off before so we are still hopeful that she is maybe shut in someones garage/shed.

Are the dogs all from the same area?
Four dogs going missing the same night seems a bit excessive :confused

neepnipper
18-Jan-08, 22:44
You could put a notice up in Pets at Home and on the notice board in Tescos, hope you have some good news soon.

Liz
18-Jan-08, 23:20
It would be worth contacting Caithness FM to broadcast an appeal as the more people know she is missing the better.

I know that we are all hoping so much for good news soon.

Take care xxx

dancingtaz13
18-Jan-08, 23:22
Have you contacted Balmore to see if they've had the dog handed in to them or even had a phone call from someone to say they've seen her?

emb123
18-Jan-08, 23:55
I live very near and have also been keeping a look out. I feel for the awful uncertainty you must be going though and really hope she shows up safe and sound soon.

Blondie
19-Jan-08, 09:39
Is there any news?

daisyc01
20-Jan-08, 13:52
Many thanks for all your replies, No news on Socks yet but as someone says No news is good news.
We have called the Police, Dog Warden, Vets, Balmore and have just done some posters to put up in shops we have searched everywhere we can think of but we are just keeping our fingers crossed that she is ok. A neighbours wee girl who goes to the Hillhead school thinks she seen Socks up in that Area on Thursday morning.

carasmam
20-Jan-08, 13:55
Hope you get some good news soon. I keep thinking of her and keep an eye out whenever we are out. Paws crossed for a safe return

Phoenix200416
20-Jan-08, 18:29
Many thanks for all your replies, No news on Socks yet but as someone says No news is good news.
We have called the Police, Dog Warden, Vets, Balmore and have just done some posters to put up in shops we have searched everywhere we can think of but we are just keeping our fingers crossed that she is ok. A neighbours wee girl who goes to the Hillhead school thinks she seen Socks up in that Area on Thursday morning.

Not really much else you can do now except keep an eye out and hope really. I would back up the suggestion of getting a broadcast put on Caithness FM as this would let more people know.

Hope you get her back soon!

daisyc01
20-Jan-08, 20:41
Hi,
I've emailed Caithness Fm so hopefully it will be broadcasted this evening Many thanks for your suggestions and good wishes.

unicorn
20-Jan-08, 20:42
I really hope it helps and someone has maybe taken her in thinking she is a stray.

Phoenix200416
20-Jan-08, 21:14
Hi,
I've emailed Caithness Fm so hopefully it will be broadcasted this evening Many thanks for your suggestions and good wishes.

I really hope that helps! As Unicorn says hopefully someone has taken her in thinking she is a stray. Hope you hear some news soon!

cuddlepop
22-Jan-08, 17:49
Daisy have you found your dog yet.:(

justine
22-Jan-08, 18:11
i hope you find socks soon.It would be awful for him out in this weather by himself....
I dont want to put any dampers on this, but could it possible that socks went off somewhere to pass on...I know a dog of mine did that.He was 16 and went off.We found him three days later under his favourite tree on his walk..They will do this.I hope not though, but it is a possibility...

cuddlepop
22-Jan-08, 18:19
i hope you find socks soon.It would be awful for him out in this weather by himself....
I dont want to put any dampers on this, but could it possible that socks went off somewhere to pass on...I know a dog of mine did that.He was 16 and went off.We found him three days later under his favourite tree on his walk..They will do this.I hope not though, but it is a possibility...
I've known dogs do this before so maybe be prepared.:(

mandy&baz
22-Jan-08, 22:10
my neighbours dog done that too. hope you find him soon!!!

carasmam
23-Jan-08, 19:44
Any word yet Daisy?
Still thinking of you and keeping an eye out :(

daisyc01
24-Jan-08, 21:41
http://http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1064/safereturnbu1.th.jpg (http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=safereturnbu1.jpg)

SAFE RETURN OF SOCKS.

Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know that socks has been returned safely home after six days of being missing. We would like to thank her guardian angel Tracy Nicholson who found her in her back garden. Socks is understandably a bit poorly, getting lots of TLC (but knowing socks will probably milk it for as long as she can ha ha) and a well needed bath. We would sincerely like to thank everyone who has left posts, who has helped look for her and expressed concern for her wellbeing. It just goes to show how caring our community is. Thanks again and best wishes.xxx

unicorn
24-Jan-08, 21:42
brilliant news :D

cuddlepop
24-Jan-08, 21:46
That is such good news.
Glad he was found safe and will a lot of tlc he'll be as right as rain.:D

carasmam
24-Jan-08, 22:20
Oh my goodness, you have made my night :D Other half thought I was getting obsessed teeting up alleys and paths everytime we were out !!

You must be delighted to have her back - milk it Socks for all it's worth, you were out in some awful weather.
Give her a big hug from me too xx

hell raizer
24-Jan-08, 22:21
great news, youll have to give her lots of TLC :)

neepnipper
24-Jan-08, 22:36
Brilliant news! Always like a happy ending!

Liz
24-Jan-08, 23:46
What wonderful, wonderful news!!!
She looks so cosy in her wee bed!lol
Hope she recovers from her ordeal soon. Add me to the list of hugs to be given please!

KCI
25-Jan-08, 00:09
Fantastic news! I can stop looking for her now, every time I leave the house!

So pleased for you all!

emb123
25-Jan-08, 00:38
Wonderful news and I am so pleased for you and Socks! Thank Goodness! I'm sure she'll get lots of extra special cuddles! :)

Phoenix200416
25-Jan-08, 01:25
Thats excellent news!!!!!! So glad that shes safe and well! I was actually looking tonight on the way home from my sisters. Someone gave me a random look as I was calling for her :)

She looks very snug in her bed. :D

Wellies
25-Jan-08, 09:50
What brilliant news. I bet a few tears of happiness were shed when you got Socks back.

ANNIE
26-Jan-08, 17:53
So glad you got your dog back you must have been so worried I know I would have been climbing the walls if it was mine.Awe she looks so cute in her little bed