PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano

mrsmo
17-Jan-08, 21:20
Does anyone know if you can put MP3 music onto an iPod? And if so, how??:confused

maidencaithness
17-Jan-08, 22:13
Does anyone know if you can put MP3 music onto an iPod? And if so, how??:confused

If you go onto YouTube and search MP3 to ipod you'll find a few which show you what to do, you'll also find instructions through Google.

davem
18-Jan-08, 01:17
hi
You get the file on your pc somewhere where you know where it is. Then go click file -add file and browse for the mp3 that it will then import.
If you want to import lots put them all in a folder then go file -add folder and they will all appear magically in itunes.
Synch the nano and bobs your fathers brother.
Good luck
Dave
If they are on cd just click the dialogue to add to i-tunes when you put it in.

Mr_Me19
18-Jan-08, 08:33
So to simplyfy davem's response:

You go into iTunes and add the MP3's just like you would add any other format. This can be done by going to 'File' and then 'Add File'. Browse to the folder where the MP3 is located and select it. It will then be added into iTunes. The next time you sync your iPod it will be put on it.

mrsmo
20-Jan-08, 17:13
Thanks very much for that I now have most of my music on the Ipod, is there anyway round getting protected songs on it? It wont let me!:~(

Mr_Me19
20-Jan-08, 18:25
9/10 times any protected songs anyone has are from iTunes. There isn't any legal way to do it really...

davem
20-Jan-08, 19:37
Yes you can make a playlist and burn tunes to CD then import them to i-tunes. The person with the protected tune has to be the one to burn it.
For their own use of course!

mrsmo
21-Jan-08, 10:23
the music that is protected is the music I had downloaded from MSN music. I thought seeing I had paid for it, it would transfer, any ideas?:(

maidencaithness
21-Jan-08, 10:52
the music that is protected is the music I had downloaded from MSN music. I thought seeing I had paid for it, it would transfer, any ideas?:(

As Davem said you must burn the tracks to CD then import the CD into iTunes. The format MSN music is in will not play on an iPod but putting to CD then importing gets round this. There are others ways without burning CDs but it is the simplest. If you still have problems then search Google as there are plenty of detailed fixes on how to convert songs to play on iPods.

Mr_Me19
21-Jan-08, 17:16
I assume MSN's format is wma? If so you can burn it to a Cd as maidencaithness says but make sure you do this with windows media player. Then rip the songs from the cd in iTunes. They will then transfer to your iPod.

mrsmo
23-Jan-08, 09:16
Thanks for all the help I am now rocking and rolling[lol]