PDA

View Full Version : Card Fraud Abroad

kas
10-Oct-05, 21:23
I am looking for anyone with info on credit card fraud.
Two sets of friends have lost ALOT of money(4 figure sum) , by being diddled in one shop in Turkey.
Looking for info on what to do next. If anyone has experienced credit card fraud abroad, could you please PM me with any helpful info.
Many Thanks kas

Don Quixote
11-Oct-05, 09:14
I would suggest that your friend contacts the credit card company to let them know what has happened, and to ask for advice.

greeneyes
11-Oct-05, 12:26
We've had it done twice on our card first amountjust over £100 was some place in shanghi(never been in our lives) and the other one was about the same amount from can't remenber where but far off,informed cc company and got our money back once they'd investigated it.

EDDIE
11-Oct-05, 17:36
Well you would have to contact the credit card company tell them wht happened and they will sort it if its proved fraud its the credit card that pays not your friends on the other hand if they bought something and signed the reciept without checking what they are signing for its tricky situation.

rainbow
11-Oct-05, 18:01
My mother had the credit card company on the phone asking when she last used her card. She told them in Canada, but after her return someone was going around States using her card on small purchases, but they were alerted when there was a request for £500 cash. Her card had been copied at a restaurant, where they took her card away to swipe, for a long time. Fortunately the card company were efficient in picking up the fraud prior to my mums bill arriving, and she is not liable for any of the fraud.
It pays to keep an eye on your card, never let it out of your sight, and also double check what you are signing for.
I can understand in Turkey before they changed the currency that if there was an extra zero it would make a huge difference to your bill.