PDA

View Full Version : Help locating CDC Swimming Gala Trophies

Bobinovich
16-Jan-08, 17:31
I'm posting on behalf of Thurso Swimming Pool who are looking to trace some trophies.

The Caithness District Council Swimming Gala was held annually in November and involved all the local Primary schools, as well as Boys & Girls organisations such as Scouts, Brownies, etc. It was last held in the mid-1990s.

The names of the trophies are as follows:-

DS Dyer Cup - 100m Freestyle for Girls - 14 yrs & under
RR Maththews Cup - 100m Freestyle for Boys - 14 yrs & under
British Legion Cups - 50m Freestyle - separate cups for Boys & Girls - 11 yrs & under
TASC Trophies - 4 x 25m Medley Relays - separate cups for Boys & Girls - 10 yrs & under
Sinclair Cup - 4 x 50m Medley Relay for Girls - 15 yrs & under
Townswomen's Guild - 4 x 50m Medley Relay for Boys - 15 yrs & under
Dounreay TU Cups - 4 x 50m Freestyle Relays - separate cups for Boys & Girls - 21 years & under
Bell Shield - 4 x 25m Medley Relays
CDC Shield - 4 x 25m Freestyle Relays
Thurso Round Table Shield - 4 x 25m Freestyle RelaysAny information regarding the location of these trophies will be most gratefully received by William Durrand, Pool Manager, Thurso Swimming Pool, Millbank Road, Thurso. Tel: 01847 893260. E-mail: William.Durrand@highland.gov.uk

Buttercup
16-Jan-08, 22:02
Surely the organisation(s) that ran the competition(s), thereby handing out the trophies, have records that show who won them and the names were probably mentioned in the Courier/Groat. Wouldn't that be a starting point?

Bobinovich
16-Jan-08, 22:27
Ooops, sorry was meant to lock the thread after posting so that enquiries were directed to the person named. However I have been assured that no official record has be found, and the schools and groups who used to take part have been contacted to determine if they know of their whereabouts, to no avail.

I'll lock the thread now!!