PDA

View Full Version : Wick Sea Cadets

Splish
16-Jan-08, 13:15
I was at a very important Inspection of the Wick Sea Cadet Unit last night The Cadets are a credit to their Unit. A lot of hard work has been done behind the scene's I look forward to many Inter town competitions i.e. Wick v Thurso Sea Cadet Units. I am Thurso Sea Cadets UM Chairman:)

webmannie
16-Jan-08, 13:22
What`s an UM Chairman?

Is it a step up from an um,um,um..................Director?

Splish
16-Jan-08, 13:25
Unit Management Chairman

webmannie
16-Jan-08, 13:36
Have you done away with Rates & Ranks in the sea cadets?

The rating terminology Petty Officer and Chief Petty Officer used to crease me up when i was younger.

`Chief Petty Officer` - Was the chief of pettiness
`Petty Officer` - Not so petty but could still be an rs

Elenna
16-Jan-08, 15:01
I was also at the Inspection last night...my daughter has been joining some friends and attending for only about 6 weeks, and I knew little about it...and my goodness, what an eye-opener. What these young people (and their leaders) have achieved after just starting up again as a unit about a year ago is absolutely phenomenal!

As a parent, I couldn't be prouder of the entire group :), and from what was said, the visiting officers performing the inspection were also hugely impressed. These young people are a credit not only to their unit, but to themselves, those who work with them, their families, and the entire community, and I look forward to seeing them go from strength to strength in times to come.

If anyone would like to know more of what they are about have a look at their webpage at http://wickseacadets.googlepages.com/

porshiepoo
16-Jan-08, 18:18
Yep, both of mine were there. Unfortunately I was banished from attending in case I put them off what they had to do. :( Hubby was allowed to go though, apparantly he behaves. I think their attitude stems from the send off myself and my friend gave them when they went out on a ship a few months ago, they didn't appreciate our renditions of 'We are sailing' or 'Row, row row your boat' and according to them we are not good cheerleaders!!!!!!!!!! Well, it's extremely hard to contort the body into an 'S' but at least we gave it a try. :eek:

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent again. They both did very well at their activities, as did all the other cadets.

andrew.bowles30
17-Oct-08, 00:44
hi my name is andrew bowles we were at thurso sea cadets we now live in england moveing to a new pub soon but live in hawes yorkshire we miss the fun we had with you all would like to catch up :Razz

andrew.bowles30
29-Jul-10, 16:48
sea cadets hi all in turso we are moving back to caithness in 6 weeks we may drop in top see you all looking forward to it

Bradcon
29-Jul-10, 17:37
aye was coming into the harbour last night and the sea cadets were rowing there boat with what i think was the leader and they were doing a good job.:)

Fluff
29-Jul-10, 22:15
Old thread alert lol! I was also a Thurso Sea Cadet and I am an instructor with Reading Sea Cadets, looking forward to visiting my old unit when I come up in a few weeks!

Mizpah
30-Jul-10, 10:45
It is good to hear such good reports of the sea cadets it says a lot for the leaders who give of their time week by week to help theese young folk, well done to all concerned.:lol: