PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tasking

highlander
16-Jan-08, 12:50
Was reading in the Scottish Daily Mail today how woman are much better at multi-tasking than men. A woman has a greater range of sensory equipment
so its no wonder a woman can make such fast, accurate judgements about people and situations. To get a man to help you out in the home-present him with just one clear idea at a time. Choose your timeing carefully-and ask him to do just one task. So ladies how many multi-tasking things have you done, and can your man do as much, and gentlemen are you up for the challenge?
One other thing i read was why woman cant tell left from right because we use both sides of our brains at the same time, many find it difficult to tell thier left from thier right. In studies it has been found the around 50% of woman cannot instantly recognise which is which, without looking for a ring or freckle first.
Men on the other hand, operating in either the left or right brains, find it much easier to identify left from right. As a result, woman all over the world are criticised by men for telling them to turn right-when they really meant left. AT LAST!!! i have an excuse for this, as i am always getting told off for this, now im going to frame this article. lol So does anyone else have this problem?

TBH
16-Jan-08, 13:36
Our brain is a gonad.;)

ciderally
16-Jan-08, 14:23
hey ....i knew it wasent because i was blond ..as him indoors is always saying i dont know my left from right ....im printing out your article and its going on the fridge.....good one thank you very much..xx

*Martin*
16-Jan-08, 19:46
I'm pretty good at multi tasking. I can brush my teeth, talk and do the toilet all at once! :lol:

htwood
16-Jan-08, 20:46
What you wrote seems true Highlander. For me its most noticable in the kitchen putting a meal together. When hubby cooks, its one wee thing at a time, he'll just stand and watch the onions frying. (tick tick tick, my belly's growling, it'll be another hour before tea) Me, I'm frying the onions while chopping carrots, and the tatties are already boiling.
That said, I'm thankful he'll cook at all, multitasking or not.

brandy
16-Jan-08, 21:09
i tend to do everything at once as well.. i will be on the phone, washing dishes, washing clothes, clearing the counters, sweeping, mopping, tending and feeding the kids, and the dog while having a bite to eat and drink, making my plans for the day.. and this is all before 8 am.

Snarfer
16-Jan-08, 21:20
Men cannot multi task thats a fact. I find it very difficult to listen to my wife when I'm watching TV. This annoys her no end.

northener
16-Jan-08, 22:08
Pish and Tosh, I say!

Why, even as I type this I am creosoting the fence in the dark and indulging in a spot of Yogic Flying.

Multitasking? Pah!

Women cannot decide which tin of beans to buy when faced with a choice of more than one in the supermarket.

Try wrestling with the controls of a Tornado jet and reading Hobbes' Leviathan whilst fighting off a bad-tempered panther if you want to really multitask.

rhino
16-Jan-08, 22:52
ha ha, nice one snarfer

karia
16-Jan-08, 22:57
Men cannot multi task thats a fact. I find it very difficult to listen to my wife when I'm watching TV. This annoys her no end.

And she's planning the dry cleaning list, writing her autobiography and spending your insurance money( with the gardener in a hot tub) during your most intimate moments..still laughing?;):lol:

bluelady
17-Jan-08, 00:07
Of course men can multi task.......... switch the TV with the romote, drink beer,moan, burp and fart and if they didnt do the latter three, they would explode! :lol:

superted
17-Jan-08, 00:15
Woman have to be good at multi tasking....

Who else is going to look after the kids, do the house work, feed the family and cut the lawn.....:lol:

Waiting for incoming...

Margaret M.
17-Jan-08, 01:34
And she's planning the dry cleaning list, writing her autobiography and spending your insurance money( with the gardener in a hot tub) during your most intimate moments..still laughing?;):lol:

LOL, I am. So very true!

trix
17-Jan-08, 01:56
And she's planning the dry cleaning list, writing her autobiography and spending your insurance money( with the gardener in a hot tub) during your most intimate moments..still laughing?

yer so funny Ak :lol:

funnier than ye snarfer [lol]

sorry...little private joke....ha ha ha...(snarfer)

Ricco
17-Jan-08, 08:28
I can multitask just fine... not so sure about the OH, though. She will start dinner and then go and watch TV... forgetting about the dinner. Or she will start the laundry and then forget that there is any more.

Me, I can do the laundry whilst preparing dinner and watching some TV. Also have the Hoover on the go. Or be doing my own ironing whilst popping on and off the org, and maybe a bit of computer work as well.

..... and I can tell my right from my left. ;)

highlander
17-Jan-08, 08:35
LOL Ricco your wife better keep you locked up, too good to be let out on your own. LOL

Ricco
17-Jan-08, 08:38
LOL Ricco your wife better keep you locked up, too good to be let out on your own. LOL

Morning, Highlander. I am up for hire, though. ;)

Cattach
17-Jan-08, 10:20

My wife tells me women can multi-task but when I ask her about something she usually says 'can't you see I am busy'! Usually when she is just doing one simple task!

henry20
17-Jan-08, 10:23
What you wrote seems true Highlander. For me its most noticable in the kitchen putting a meal together. When hubby cooks, its one wee thing at a time, he'll just stand and watch the onions frying. (tick tick tick, my belly's growling, it'll be another hour before tea) Me, I'm frying the onions while chopping carrots, and the tatties are already boiling.
That said, I'm thankful he'll cook at all, multitasking or not.

Snap, but I usually end up doing most of it in the hope that I get to eat before bedtime :roll:

trix
18-Jan-08, 00:02
mmh...do ye think there may be abit o a conspiracy goin on [para]:lol: