PDA

View Full Version : Knocking down walls

catnip
15-Jan-08, 23:03
Anybody got tips for knocking down walls to make it less of a mess. these are not support walls, but it is an attic style room and there are built in wardropes built up in it, they are such an eyesore and have gotta go.
So if anybody has any tips please let me know before I start going about it myself with the hammer and freak hubby out when he arrives home from work.
The wardropes go right up to the roof, so I dont want to be taking any of the roof with me.

lady penelope
15-Jan-08, 23:07
Noooo don't do it! Wait till S is home!He can do it. Is he on lates this week?:lol:

What will the neighbours think at that time of night?:eek:

I think I've a sledgehammer somewhere.

Macwull
15-Jan-08, 23:09
My advice would be to leave it! My partner done this while I was at work a few months back and we are still waiting for me to do the room up! ! Where is DIY SOS when you need them!! !! !! :lol:

We also done this in her mothers house when she wasn't there and there was a LOT of mess!! Probably devalued the house teking them out then she moved out 6 months later!

Good Luck!!

catnip
15-Jan-08, 23:12
Get the sledgehammer and a bottle of wine then Lady P ! S is on days and working all weekend.

It is really getting on my nerves, the sliding doors keep comming off the whole time and I too wee to get them back on !

catnip
15-Jan-08, 23:15
Thanks for that but they getting a bit dangerous with a 4 year old about the house. They also look minging !

lady penelope
15-Jan-08, 23:18
Cool! I can just imagine you struggling with those BIG doors ;)

I'm off this weekend and there's a bottle in the cupboard. I've heard of decorating parties but demolition party sounds much more fun! See you on Saturday. I'll bring my hammer :lol:

Snarfer
15-Jan-08, 23:48
I'm full o the cold and am working two weeks straight and she desides now is the best time to start knocking down the built in wardrobes. She loves destroying rooms in our house then turns to me an says sort it :mad:

rhino
15-Jan-08, 23:51
aye, thats wimmen for ya !!!

always so inconsiderate and impatient to us blokes, think we have nothing else to do with our time !!!!

could be having quality bonding time with the playstation !!!

catnip
15-Jan-08, 23:58
Playstation. I am laying down a Wii ban untill it gets knocked down !!!!

IF A JOBS WORTH DOING YOU HAVE TO DO IT YERSEL

ashaw1
16-Jan-08, 09:38
Thanks for that but they getting a bit dangerous with a 4 year old about the house. They also look minging !
I know exactly where you are coming from! We have them in our house too which is only 7 years old. I would really like to take them out, they look awful. I think they take up more space then they save. Would much prefer to look at a big pine wardrobe!

STUDMUFFIN
16-Jan-08, 09:45
Who Wears The Pants In Your House? Be A Man And Put Your Foot Down.

catnip
16-Jan-08, 15:45
Studdmuffin, women are the bosses of the households !!!!!!!!! :Razz
It,s got to get done, been living with it for 7 years now and it is awful looking and indeed it takes up more space than normal wardrobes do and it is easy to throw things in and just slide the door shut (that is if the doors dont slide off the track which always happens. Did a bit of a clear out of them today.

Riffman
16-Jan-08, 16:19
Rather than waste energy by trying to smash them out I would check them for cabling then get out the electric saw and cut them out in sections, less likely to break the plasterboard walls or floor that way.

Or failing that use a sledgehammer.....

BRIE
16-Jan-08, 17:28
my advice is wait till you have PMT then go at it with a sledgehammer! it comes down in half the time!!:lol:
on a more serious note start as far up the wall as you can & wear a dustmask & goggles, it makes a right mess.

bobandag16
16-Jan-08, 23:19
Anybody got tips for knocking down walls to make it less of a mess. these are not support walls, but it is an attic style room and there are built in wardropes built up in it, they are such an eyesore and have gotta go.
So if anybody has any tips please let me know before I start going about it myself with the hammer and freak hubby out when he arrives home from work.
The wardropes go right up to the roof, so I dont want to be taking any of the roof with me.
leave well alone . get an expert opinion.

miranda
17-Jan-08, 00:34
catnip ,,hubby says go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should come away with little damage!!!!! ps can i come to the party too ill bring wine!!:lol:

catnip
19-Jan-08, 21:18
catnip ,,hubby says go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should come away with little damage!!!!! ps can i come to the party too ill bring wine!!:lol:

Wont be this weekend, probably some time in Feb as OH on backshift.:(